Which franchise is in the best cap situation?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Leafs cap situation is good. Have two absolute steal in Reilly and Kadri, but also guys like Marleau and Zaitsev, so not quite as good as nashville or colorado.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I'd have to go with the Avs. Rantanens deal is coming up and obviously he deserves to get paid. Only hope is that he asks to match MacKinnon. If so, holy crap the Avs have money to play with.

There is no way his agent would agree to that. MacKinnons contract was signed after a mediocre season. Rantanen has a ppg+ season under and is currently leading NHL in scoring. 9M/ would be a bargain.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Calgarys pretty comfortable. Will go into the offseason with 11m in space with only Tkachuk and a starting goalie as big contracts to pay. Stone and Frolik are very tradeable contracts that they can move if they need even more space somehow.

Worst contract is Neal at maybe aamil too much but even he's starting to click and show his worth

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Canucks are in good spot. Horvat is on a great deal, Boeser will be at about 7 next year, EP and Hughes will be on ELCs for 2 more years. We have a couple of bad deals in Sutter and Ericksson, but they will be gone by the time our cap is an issue. We will have a pretty good chunk of money to be a player in UFAs when we are ready to compete.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Nashville has Josi at 5ish for this year and next.
Forsberg is signed at 6 for another 3 years.
Arvidsson is signed at just over 4 for 7 years
Turris is signed for 6 x 5
Ekholm is locked up for multi years at 4 ish.
Ellis signed long term at 6.
Johansen at 8 but long term so will be relatively better with time.
Rinne and Saros for a total of 6.5 for two more years.

Nobody looking for a major increase until Josi in 20-21.

I'd say when you combine cap comfort with competitiveness, Nashville is in the best shape hands down

Reactions: Cashville

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Nashville has Josi at 5ish for this year and next.
Forsberg is signed at 6 for another 3 years.
Arvidsson is signed at just over 4 for 7 years
Turris is signed for 6 x 5
Ekholm is locked up for multi years at 4 ish.
Ellis signed long term at 6.
Johansen at 8 but long term so will be relatively better with time.
Rinne and Saros for a total of 6.5 for two more years.

Nobody looking for a major increase until Josi in 20-21.

I'd say when you combine cap comfort with competitiveness, Nashville is in the best shape hands down

yep

all players signed and cap left over

Reactions: PredsV82

Mar 26, 2010
Possible, I tried to be conservative. I'd imagine those numbers would be what each player got if they were being team-friendly.
I hear you, but Laine is going to get paid. Could he go as high as $11M?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
The cap situation is ok. I was merely pointing out that you only showed one side of the significant changes to the ledger next year.
I wasn’t the one you quoted originally. You weren’t wrong in saying what you said. I was just pointing out, while quoting you that our cap situation was pretty good imo. Not much to sign this summer outside of skinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad