Which franchise is in the best cap situation?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Jets have 24 mill (+cap increase) next year to sign:
Laine (9)
Trouba (7)
Myers (6)
Connor (7)
4 more forwards, 1 more defenseman, and a backup (At least 3.75)

They have the enviable problem of having too much talent to afford, but I'd put them around the same place as the Leafs. They're going to have a precarious couple of years navigating some of those offseasons.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I'd say Vegas is setup very well. Actually, most teams who are just meeting the cap floor are in good shape. Problem with those is lack of talent and/or revenue on the other end.

My Best-Carey

Last edited:

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Leafs are in great shape despite what HF and the media will tell you. I’d argue we have a better situation than the Jets.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Laine (9)
Trouba (7)
Myers (6)
Connor (7)

They have the enviable problem of having too much talent to afford, but I'd put them around the same place as the Leafs. They're going to have a precarious couple of years navigating some of those offseasons.
Time to trade Ehlers for picks and prospects. The guy isn't worth his deal. 9 goals in his last 56 games if you include the playoffs...

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Leafs are in great shape despite what HF and the media will tell you. I’d argue we have a better situation than the Jets.
Lets see how things go with greedy Nylander first. But yeah Matthews will come cheaper now that he's injured. Hope the injuries won't be a problem long term because then we'll be in trouble...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
With Price contract habs arent in good shape even if they have a lil space

If we get rid of Alzner contract that could help

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
To soon to say with jets/leafs etc considering the RFAs this offseason and already having contract problems with Nylander and Trouba. For me it's probably Calgary, very balanced and reasonably priced core.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Avs cap situation is amazing with both Landy and Mack on underpaid deals. Have a ton of core guys to resign but the cap won't be a big concern.

Preds are the best managed organization with Tampa in the league IMO though.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
...f***ing Nashville...

Bonino's contract might qualify as a somewhat bad deal, but when you have half a dozen great ones to offset that, does it even matter?

Minnesota is also surprisingly strong. Now when Parise has decided to forget his bad back, they don't really have albatrosses at all.

Leafs belong to the discussion too, despite that hideous Zaitsev contract. They'll have their work cut out for them, though, with several key signings to come.

Tampa is good, because of course.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Laine (9)
Trouba (7)
Myers (6)
Connor (7)

Laine, Trouba and Connor will probably take up almost 24 million in cap on their next deals.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
The Blues.

Oh, wait - you said best cap situation. Well, then it's anyone but the Blues.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but Buffalo is in great shape with Moulson and Pominville coming off the books at the end of the year. The year after that Sobotka and Berglund come off and we still have another year to get Dahlin under contract.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Honestly the Nucks aint too bad. They have some anchor contracts to keep them above the cap floor while they focus on drafting and developing for a few years. The bottom sixers play an injury prone style and the Nucks could easily send them on LTIR if push comes to shove. At least thats my expirence in NHL 19 lol.

Detroit and Edm on the other hand... are in trouble. Paying 6 million to scrub and 8.5 million to a lazy turd benefiting from Mcjesus...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad