Speculation: Which former Blackhawk will return in 2019-2020?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
There's not much they can do about thr D situation other than make a trade. I don't think that you guys would want to give up what it would take to get a decent D via trade.

I'd look into moving Beaudin/Mitchell + a pick for immediate defensive help like Trouba or Fowler, assuming Trouba's contract is extended.

Fowler is locked in at 6.5M for a while, that's not a bad hit.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd give up a defensive prospect + a pick for immediate help on D whether that be Trouba, Fowler, etc.
I would too, but I don't think you get either guy without trading Boqvist or Jokiharju. I'd think long and hard about Joki but Boqvist is untouchable unless McDavid is coming back the other way. I'm also among the highest on Boqvist on this board so what do I know?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I would too, but I don't think you get either guy without trading Boqvist or Jokiharju. I'd think long and hard about Joki but Boqvist is untouchable unless McDavid is coming back the other way.

I'd do it with Joker. You hope he turns into something similar to one of those guys, but I don't think he winds up as good as either of them. Get the proven commodity who is already locked up long term. We have plenty of other defenseman on ELCs coming up.

It extends your window with Kane/Toews and maybe makes them a contender as soon as next year with another FA move and one prospect making an impact.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd do it with Joker. You hope he turns into something similar to one of those guys, but I don't think he winds up as good as either of them. Get the proven commodity who is already locked up long term. We have plenty of other defenseman on ELCs coming up.

It extends your window with Kane/Toews and maybe makes them a contender as soon as next year with another FA move and one prospect making an impact.
I'd probably do it too for Fowler but not for Trouba. Fowler has a reasonable long term deal in place so you don't have to worry about the headache of signing Trouba.

It would probably take Jokiharju and Forsling to get the job done. I'm ok with that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

while your post is a good idea i keeping thinking 1 problem would arise is salary cap.

what is left and rfa who will need new contracts. as of right now, it is only Perlini.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He did that with Versteeg. Just gladly to a Rockford deal.

The frolik case is questionable to me but I guess Bill Peters just changed his role last year. He hardly PKed and was given more offensive time opposed to still his good defensive & pk style the years prior. But is he still able to do that?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I'm going to ask that we sign Hartman for cheap. Another agitator would be fine by me.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Would like him back. But looks like Minnesota has him signed 2 year deal the report is.
Well that sucks. I'm fine now. Wait and look for bargains now. Heck, maybe even try to extend Gus on the cheap.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Even peoeples view on sad there is crazy to me. When still supposedly bad his shot rate value is top notch while Perlini was bottom of the team
Saad is frustrating because he's Perlini on steroids. He should be a 70 point winger with a two way game that resembles Marian Hossa, but he has serious gaf issues. Perlini if he didn't have his gaf issues would be a 50-55 pt 30 G player with a decent to good two way game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad