Speculation: Which former Blackhawk will return in 2019-2020?

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Just for fun, Stan has continued to bring back a former Blackhawk... who's next? :naughty:

2019/2020 -?
2018/2019 - Marcus Kruger
2017/2018 - Patrick Sharp & Brandon Saad
2016/2017 - Brian Campbell & Johnny Oduya
2015/2016 - Andrew Ladd
2014/2015 - Kris Versteeg

Possible UFA candidates...

- Artemi Panarin
- Richard Panik
- Antti Niemi
- Troy Brouwer

Reactions: Dont Toews Me Bro

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Frolik would not be a terrible addition and would add to the PK.

I think he could be had quite easily.

Reactions: Styles

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Tkachuk will be at least 8. Little rich boy isn’t going to take anything less

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Surprised Frolik is only 31, feels like he's been in the league forever. Is he still elite on the PK?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Frolik only averaged about 30 seconds of pk time this year and wasn't in a real defensive role. Not sure if he still will fit doing that

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Frolik only averaged about 30 seconds of pk time this year and wasn't in a real defensive role. Not sure if he still will fit doing that

If you don't bring him in mainly for the PK and defensive purposes, then why bring him back?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Add a dynamic game breaking talent and his presence in top 6 would also strengthen teams depth overall

One simply has to look at struggles of team went Kane slumped during these final weeks. Having someone like Panarin around would make this team less dependent upon Kane for its success and better prepare team to handle any struggles or injuries next year

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Add a dynamic game breaking talent and his presence in top 6 would also strengthen teams depth overall

One simply has to look at struggles of team went Kane slumped during these final weeks. Having someone like Panarin around would make this team less dependent upon Kane for its success and better prepare team to handle any struggles or injuries next year

They were 8th in the league in goals scored and literally only Ottawa gave up more goals per game. Panarin doesn't fix that. Not to mention signing Panarin to 10M+ then makes it difficult, if even possible at all, to resign Strome, Cat, and your goalie whether that be Crawford or someone else. If you sign Panarin finding a good goalie to bail out this piss poor defensive play becomes even more of a priority and probably costs you more than Crow's current cap hit making it even MORE difficult to sign Cat and Strome.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Panarin is going to want a 7 year deal for 9 - 10 M at least if not 11!
Chicago can't really afford that ( at least in my mind ) once Debrincat and Strome get paid ..
If we have to bring back an ex Hawk my vote is for Frolik.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Panarin is going to want a 7 year deal for 9 - 10 M at least if not 11!
Chicago can't really afford that ( at least in my mind ) once Debrincat and Strome get paid ..
If we have to bring back an ex Hawk my vote is for Frolik.

Exactly. You lose your home grown talent or if you figure out a way to extend them both you're back in cap hell with a questionable goalie situation, terrible depth, and you didn't address the need of being the 2nd worst team in the league when it comes to being scored on.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Exactly. You lose your home grown talent or if you figure out a way to extend them both you're back in cap hell with a questionable goalie situation, terrible depth, and you didn't address the need of being the 2nd worst team in the league when it comes to being scored on.
There's not much they can do about thr D situation other than make a trade. I don't think that you guys would want to give up what it would take to get a decent D via trade.

Reactions: Geoist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad