Which five player core would you build around?

Which five player core would you build around?

• Total voters

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I’m saying Toronto buf NYR or COL will probably win just because they both seem to be everyone’s new fad

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Alexis Lafreniere, Ty Smith, Luke Hughes

Lmao

But for real, give me the Leafs’ core WITHOUT their contracts. Otherwise give me Carolina’s

Reactions: Bob Barker

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm going with the Sabres one slightly over the Avalanche one. I believe an Eichel and Dahlin duo is slightly better than a MacKinnon and Makar duo. The rest is close. I think Girard is slightly better than Ristolainen and Rantanen slightly better than Reinhart, but I also then think Cozens projects as much better than Nichushkin. I would've put Newhook instead of Cozens, and then at that point, I would've had a much more difficult time deciding.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Seems a bit weird that you included the best/highest potential players for every team but used Nuke for Colorado? Colorado was still close for me, but why not Landeskog? Or Kadri??

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I take Carolina. It was between them and Colorado, but the Nichuskin guy swayed me to go with Carolina.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I went Buffalo. A young franchise D and center were just too good to pass up. I think the centers are fairly close on a few of the options but Dahlin imo will be the best overall D in this group with more separation.
My top three would be:
1. Buffalo
2. Colorado
3. Carolina

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Is it me or does BUF typically do better than TOR in polls like this, only to end up being a far worse team year after year?
I do remember after the Sabres drafted Jack Eichel and traded for Ryan O'Reilly, their fans mentioned how their rebuild was far ahead of the Leafs rebuild. Obviously that comment turned out to be wrong.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Alexis Lafreniere, Ty Smith, Luke Hughes

Lmao

But for real, give me the Leafs’ core WITHOUT their contracts. Otherwise give me Carolina’s
tlSJOXxefTiN-8FbqKSKL8m2DSCOdAKFyCOXrOUy5oOF2HGQpoJQ_o5OB_Bk2_JcexyFUpSk9loLkLOI01pAopzLF18rrfS4wi_UeToIqe4llx1Ifz3oLrPTvZ6-rxrLqb0f8KyzvFUfkahVg4dBOCYg1JWvHw6KBBgyrWqRQ555kce8eUS1qtcJL3Gu_h58VTHJPGTRPk8ZcQ

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It’s because of Dahlin.

He’s not there yet, but when you’re talking about building blocks he’s as valuable as anyone outside of McDavid.
Didn't Aaron Ekblad have the same hype when the Panthers drafted him 1st overall in 2014, because he was thought as some game changing defenseman and future Norris Trophy winner. It's fair to say he didn't live up to his draft hype and what has Dahlin done to be considered as valuable?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Colorado has the best trio (Mackinnon, Rantanen, Makar) pretty easily. I don’t think any of the 4 or 5 players from any other team are good enough to change the advantage Colorado has. Carolina would be the closest though. 1-5 those players are rock solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad