Speculation: Which expiring UFA will Jets miss the most next year?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I hope Roslo really turns into a steal.. There are lots of guys on other teams who didn't have the greatest start sign cheaply and then go on only to become a lot better than the market value that they signed for at the time.

If Roslo had a brain --he'd be dangerous ;) -- even without one, or one that is compromised, he still might turn out !! -- keep up the faith.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
rubixpubes prediction:

Chiarot re-signs. 2*1.9
Myers re-signs 4*4.33 - *HFjets freaks out*
Morrow gets re-signed at 1 million for some reason

Tanev and Beaulieu both seek higher offers elsewhere.

Beaulieu is an RFA.
Jets only need to offer him a small raise over his current salary.
Unless True North chooses to part with him then he's with the Jets next year.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I will actually miss both Tanev and Chiarot but that is the business. Both have their warts but when playing in their roles are good at it.

Door can’t hit Myers in the a$$ quick enough.

Reactions: TheGovernment

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This will be interesting to see - especially if he moves on.
He gets a fair amount of shots on goal considering the line he plays on -
And he doesn't rely a ton on others to get his points.

Seems every time he scores, we're calling fluke yet he drives hard to the net and creates his own chances.
I guess the outlier would be his last goal - calls for it and then sends a dart to the top corner.

Go figure Tanev - I've been under estimating this guy every time he steps on the ice.

He creates things with his speed and tenacity. He’s relentless.
Kind of like his 2017-2018 teammates were.

Reactions: LowLefty

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
rubixpubes prediction:

Chiarot re-signs. 2*1.9
Myers re-signs 4*4.33 - *HFjets freaks out*
Morrow gets re-signed at 1 million for some reason

Tanev and Beaulieu both seek higher offers elsewhere.

I don't see Myers taking a paycut. He may only be 'paid' 3MM this year but his AAV is more what they will base the next contract off of. I see him going to 6MM likely. I only think we afford him if we trade Trouba.

I like Myers but 6MM is steep considering his inconsistency. I don't believe we are keeping Trouba, nothing substantial has ever pointed to that.

So, we will probably sign Myers for something like 4X6MM

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
His shot isn’t good and while he admittedly gets more effort/crash the net goals than most guys in his position get, these types of seasons from this type of guy is always the outlier. At his current cost, fourth line minutes and 15-20 points is nothing to sneeze at. But after this season, you’re forced to pay for the 14 goals and you’ll be chasing this season for the rest of his career, at double the cost.

He just scored his first goal in 20 odd games. It’s no coincidence we call it flukey when he has a short hot steak.

Or he'll continue to work his ass off and get rewarded for it - not saying he will, but I won't be the least bit surprised.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Or he'll continue to work his ass off and get rewarded for it - not saying he will, but I won't be the least bit surprised.
Only time will tell. I’m not going to tell you it’s impossible he has a similar season to this one, just that it’s extremely unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad