which dman would you want the leafs to take with their 1st rd pick?

Which dmen should the leafs take?

• Total voters

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Steve Kournianos - The Draft Analyst - October 12th: "Alert and versatile forward with good speed and a wide range of attributes who has performed well beyond expectations as a 17-year-old playing key minutes in Finland’s top league. Kotkaniemi comes across as a smart, clean player with or without the puck and can play either center or wing. He is used on the penalty kill and in late-game situations, showing defensive prowess regardless of the job he’s assigned."

ÄssätLiiga57101929
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
4 points in 4 games at Hlinka.

6'2"-6'3" 17 year old... (Could grow more)

For example Teräväinen had 0.45 PPG, Aho had 0.41 PPG, Kapanen had 0.3 and he has 0.49 PPG.

and puljujarvi had a 0.56. its very hard to predict what those guys will become

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Why is Puljujärvi exemplified like he is a bust? The guy is 19 years old, and already an NHLer.

because he crushed the totals of guys like Aho and Teravianen and yet I doubt thats translates the same way to the NHL.

I never said Puljujarvi is a bust....but the oilers are definitely disappointed with his 26pts in 80 games after he was considered to be laines near equal when drafted. Tkachuk,Keller,McAvoy,Sergachev,Chychrun...me thinks edmonton muffed another pick

remember when everyone though columbus was crazy for taking dubois? 37pts this year as a 19 year old C

Jul 10, 2003
KW
From that list Woo is my choice.

Merkley is intriguing, I'm on the fence with him, I'll trust Hunter's decision whatever way he goes.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If I had to choose a defenseman I believe to be available at that pick, I would take Sandin or Alexeyev over every guy on that list.

But even those guys are behind Denisenko and Kravtsov for me.

Reactions: highslot

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
How about a Centre, we already have some decent D in the system. Plus from what I am reading it is very likely we will be signing Ozhiganov.

TB has built such a strong team because they usually draft C and let them play wing if they can’t cut it there.

BPA available all day, every day!

The bigger reason for Tampa being so good is cause they hit homeruns on some picks in Kucherov (W), Vasivesky (G), Palat (W). None of whom are centers. They've also been good in other areas like contract management, pro-scouting, etc., etc.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
BPA available all day, every day!

The bigger reason for Tampa being so good is cause they hit homeruns on some picks in Kucherov (W), Vasivesky (G), Palat (W). None of whom are centers. They've also been good in other areas like contract management, pro-scouting, etc., etc.

This.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad