Speculation: Which defensive defensemen are available?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Larsson didn't leave Edmonton he got claimed by Seattle.
He wanted to leave tho. His dad deid while visiting Edmonton and he said Edmonton reminded him of his dad. He wanted a fresh start . In the end it had nothing to do with a Canadian market. I am sure he would accept a trade to the TML

Larsson didn't leave Edmonton he got claimed by Seattle.
He wanted to leave tho. His dad deid while visiting Edmonton and he said Edmonton reminded him of his dad. He wanted a fresh start . In the end it had nothing to do with a Canadian market. I am sure he would accept a trade to the TML

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Look at the poster. Lindgren isn’t available in any capacity, especially not so that we can let a kid who still hasn’t looked good in the AHL “get some minutes”. Lindgren is stapled to Fox on the top pair when Fox is healthy and is probably one of the most important guys in the room as well. It’s a zero possibility he is moved in season. If he ever leaves, it would be an off season move one day.
Yes, look at the poster

Yours truly often gets ripped, inaccurately, but has a track record which suggests good moves.
Not nth degree, but only 4 short examples:
- don't wait and trade Buch at the 14th hour when his value is reduced to a shred of rfa status
- draft Dobson over Krav
- dont trade Kreider
- dont trade LaF

Yes, no ? TODAY nyr is better off w/Lindgren than Robertson TODAY
Howev
time is not a snapshot
it is a moving video

At some point, Lindy's body may break in 3-4 years, and even if that is avoided
he is gonna increase cost

Naysayers need to admit, bern not always correct, but more often right than wrong, incl here.
all teams benefit/need to benefit from developing cheap, pref quality, talent. Failure to do so, and even if you overcome w/vet performances, you can't hold on to them and you have already jettisoned your youth to acquire those vets, or if you still have, they lack NHL expereince to be ready to make a dif

Stop w/win now
accept growing pains
get Robbie ready asap for POs, esp w/Harpur out w/injury

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Yes, look at the poster

Yours truly often gets ripped, inaccurately, but has a track record which suggests good moves.
Not nth degree, but only 4 short examples:
- don't wait and trade Buch at the 14th hour when his value is reduced to a shred of rfa status
- draft Dobson over Krav
- dont trade Kreider
- dont trade LaF

Yes, no ? TODAY nyr is better off w/Lindgren than Robertson TODAY
Howev
time is not a snapshot
it is a moving video

At some point, Lindy's body may break in 3-4 years, and even if that is avoided
he is gonna increase cost

Naysayers need to admit, bern not always correct, but more often right than wrong, incl here.
all teams benefit/need to benefit from developing cheap, pref quality, talent. Failure to do so, and even if you overcome w/vet performances, you can't hold on to them and you have already jettisoned your youth to acquire those vets, or if you still have, they lack NHL expereince to be ready to make a dif

Stop w/win now
accept growing pains
get Robbie ready asap for POs, esp w/Harpur out w/injury
When your team goes on a run like this, I don't think trading a top 4 Dman is advised. Hell the chemistry right now is so good, I don't know if I would even screw with it at the deadline, and that includes Patrick Kane. Im out on him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You are the only person who believes this. I know you're used to going alone but you're Will Ferrell streaking the quad on this one.
not only 1, and read above post 60 so you can learn something
nice to lean with the heart
but the brain must prevail
or increased stupidity promotes = fail

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
When your team goes on a run like this, I don't think trading a top 4 Dman is advised. Hell the chemistry right now is so good, I don't know if I would even screw with it at the deadline, and that includes Patrick Kane. Im out on him.
we agree on Kane
But again, I can only ask you to read what I wrote
you must comprehend it on your own

i said situation is ongoing, not a single frame snapshot, but a video

What we need later this season/going forward
is not nec the same as this very moment

Use your whole mind, don't focus only on what is immediately in front of you

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
we agree on Kane
But again, I can only ask you to read what I wrote
you must comprehend it on your own

i said situation is ongoing, not a single frame snapshot, but a video

What we need later this season/going forward
is not nec the same as this very moment

Use your whole mind, don't focus only on what is immediately in front of you
It's not a never ending video Bern. Its a movie about winning the Stanley Cup.

That's the goal. You try to win it, and when you do, you start filming the sequel.

Right now we are almost 30 years into the sequel from 1994. We are looking like we could be in the conversation at least as to who brings it home. You don't reset the plot when you're this far in.

If they win or if they dont, your argument gains momentum in the off season. Top five teams aren't selling off key pieces unless it's in pursuit of an upgrade of the piece leaving.

Lindgren is a key member of this team. He is the definition of a guy who brings more than his stats. You will not find another Dman with 1 point on the season who would leave a gaping hole like Lindgren would in the whole league.

Reactions: LokiDog

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
They have the 5th worst P% in the NHL and he’s one of a very, very small number of vets that have some trade value but lack trade protection.
So what? Zuccarrello, Hartman, foligno all Houston got multi year extensions! Our gm bill guerin doesn’t move these players and Minnesota isn’t getting worse on d lol

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So what? Zuccarrello, Hartman, foligno all Houston got multi year extensions! Our gm bill guerin doesn’t move these players and Minnesota isn’t getting worse on d lol
Great points. Teams that expect to compete for the conference title but end up missing the playoffs for a mile usually don’t make any changes. I’m sure everyone is perfectly safe. Welcome to hockey fandom. It’s gonna be a wild ride for you Joe.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
It's not a never ending video Bern. Its a movie about winning the Stanley Cup.

That's the goal. You try to win it, and when you do, you start filming the sequel.

Right now we are almost 30 years into the sequel from 1994. We are looking like we could be in the conversation at least as to who brings it home. You don't reset the plot when you're this far in.

If they win or if they dont, your argument gains momentum in the off season. Top five teams aren't selling off key pieces unless it's in pursuit of an upgrade of the piece leaving.

Lindgren is a key member of this team. He is the definition of a guy who brings more than his stats. You will not find another Dman with 1 point on the season who would leave a gaping hole like Lindgren would in the whole league.
Lindgren makes Fox, Fox
Way too underrated so as a Devs fan, please move him!

Reactions: EK392000

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Great points. Teams that expect to compete for the conference title but end up missing the playoffs for a mile usually don’t make any changes. I’m sure everyone is perfectly safe. Welcome to hockey fandom. It’s gonna be a wild ride for you Joe.
Bill guerin doesn’t trade players like Jacob Middleton. Dude your a troll or know nothing about how wild operate! You should do more research about wild owner ! lol !

Since you want to troll. Apparently it’s goes by your head Hartman, foligno all were given 4 years contract extension with nice. Zuccarrello. Two years nice. But keep crying because you can’t understand simple facts about another team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bill guerin doesn’t trade players like Jacob Middleton. Dude your a troll or know nothing about how wild operate! You should do more research about wild owner ! lol !

Since you want to troll. Apparently it’s goes by your head Hartman, foligno all were given 4 years contract extension with nice. Zuccarrello. Two years nice. But keep crying because you can’t understand simple facts about another team.
You’re a fun guy Joe.

When was the last time Bill Guerin’s team underachieved to a shocking degree? How did he react? Help me with my “research”. I’m crying too much to do it on my own. I’m worried it will go by my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad