Which current player in the NHL is the most devoted to the sport of hockey?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Get a load of this guy...Top Kek.

Stop embarrassing yourself. No matter how much you wish it wasn't true it is.

The expected fan boy convention is here. Don't bother, guys, I couldn't care less what you think in your fantasy world. I will keep having an opinion based on facts and what I actually see, not on what I'm being told.

Yep, OV pretending his stick is on fire and wearing silly hats is the epitome of devotion.

Yeah... because I mentioned OV somehow... somewhere... :help: The hatred!:laugh:

I do believe we have found the president of the "I hate Sid the Kid" fan club...

I don't know why I should hate anybody, let alone some hockey player. Hate seems to be a concept you can understand and live. So be it. I will just speak my thoughts on what I actually see happening.

Some revisionist history here. There was a time people wanted him out of the NHL, and he was considered a coach-killing cancer who would only put in the effort if given the role he wanted.

Surprisingly an actual attempt to argue instead of geting into some haterism fight. Thank you for that I guess.

The fact that people were saying things doesn't mean they were right. Also the question was about being devoted to hockey. That Jagr always was. When he was younger he might have been... you know... younger. We were all young. I couldn't say Jagr's career was perfect of that he never made a mistake, but I can say he was always human to me. A guy who's good and bad sides I could understand, even if I could not agree. But he always was about hockey and passionate about it.

Like I said, his longevity has been remarkable, and he had a career turnaround that he and his fans should be proud of. But let's remember the entire journey, not just cherry-pick the good parts.

The longevity is also a psyche thing. This guy just loves the game. Also I don't see how his career ever needed a turnaround. The entire jurney is a good story about a real guy who always loved to play hockey.

As for Sid and his personality/social media stuff...meh. A lot of people (like me) prefer that to the windbags who need to talk about themselves all the time. People on here think they are the hockey world. You're not. Most people are not internet trolls. Most hockey people trend conservative, older, and hate that kind of crap.

I only brought up the social media stuff, because I replied to a statement. Alsoin another thread I already wrote something about that mentality thing... Just expressing oneself on social media doesn't make an attention ***. This exaggerated expectation players should only be boring guys who you know nothing of might be a thing in some places of the world. And oh yeah, hockey fans wheteher on here or not are a part of the hockey world. And btw the bigger issue is North Americans thinking of North America as the hockey world at times.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
The expected fan boy convention is here. Don't bother, guys, I couldn't care less what you think in your fantasy world. I will keep having an opinion based on facts and what I actually see, not on what I'm being told.

Yeah... because I mentioned OV somehow... somewhere... :help: The hatred!:laugh:

I don't know why I should hate anybody, let alone some hockey player. Hate seems to be a concept you can understand and live. So be it. I will just speak my thoughts on what I actually see happening.

Surprisingly an actual attempt to argue instead of geting into some haterism fight. Thank you for that I guess.

The fact that people were saying things doesn't mean they were right. Also the question was about being devoted to hockey. That Jagr always was. When he was younger he might have been... you know... younger. We were all young. I couldn't say Jagr's career was perfect of that he never made a mistake, but I can say he was always human to me. A guy who's good and bad sides I could understand, even if I could not agree. But he always was about hockey and passionate about it.

The longevity is also a psyche thing. This guy just loves the game. Also I don't see how his career ever needed a turnaround. The entire jurney is a good story about a real guy who always loved to play hockey.

I only brought up the social media stuff, because I replied to a statement. Alsoin another thread I already wrote something about that mentality thing... Just expressing oneself on social media doesn't make an attention ***. This exaggerated expectation players should only be boring guys who you know nothing of might be a thing in some places of the world. And oh yeah, hockey fans wheteher on here or not are a part of the hockey world. And btw the bigger issue is North Americans thinking of North America as the hockey world at times.

Okay let's hear all your magical statistics. The world may be real to you but to the rest of us you're just in your own little bubble. :laugh:

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Another blind and deaf panegyric to poster boy. No, he is not.

Not promoting the sport on social media is a minus.

Dull personality doesn't help either.

Doesn't deserve any of the both Conn Smythes.

He can do whatever he wants with the puck, but compared to real wizards he is just good.

The only true answer to your question is Jaromir Jagr. At 45 he is wants more and he can do more. He is the most dedicated hockey player I could think of. Has a great personality, is a tremedous guy to look up to for younger players of all ages and doesn't need the whole NA media to push his popularity.

Not being on social media is a negative!? ..lol Whatetever
Sick and tired of so-called celebrities tweeting whenever they take a dump or have a thought . WHoTF cares!!!
Sids old school.
Just focuses on training in offseason- no distractions from broads,or parties etc- and then does whatever it takes to hoist the Cup in June!! He just wins baby!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Okay let's hear all your magical statistics. The world may be real to you but to the rest of us you're just in your own little bubble. :laugh:

Oh an North American and his statistics. That's a love marriage. My "bubble" is what surrounds your little NA bubble sponsored by Gary's media. after following what heppans in your media I basically doubt even your past stars. How much of their legacy is just media inflicted brain wash?

I belive what I see.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Scheifele may not reach the level of play and accolades that Crosby has, but I don't think you'll find a bigger student of the game and overall hockey nerd in the NHL right now.

That was mine.

He has no off switch for hockey. He leaves the rink to go watch, read, listen to hockey. Most guys shut off, he doesn't seem like he ever does.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

This article chronicles his issues on and off the ice during the time I am talking about.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/jaromir-jagr-once-the-nhl-s-no-1-villain-turns-45-1.3285101

Like I said, it is revisionist history to pretend this didn't happen when he was in his prime.

Crosby's leadership and reputation...blemish-free by comparison.

I don't think there is really any validity to the comparison of them being equal in terms of "most devoted". Jagr himself has said he more or less tanked it in Washington. Do you think Crosby would ever tank it, anywhere? Not in his character. Yes Jagr loves the game now. That's awesome. But it wasn't always the case for him.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Ivan Provorov. Coming over to the states as a kid from Russia just so he can get acclimated to the country, the language the way the game is played here AND the way he trains in the off season to better his self just leaves me in awe of this young man. I am a homer when it comes to this young man and so happy he is a Flyer. I have so much respect for all hockey players but for me Ivan is the man.

Jagr is my 2nd choice nuff said.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Crosby. The guy breathes hockey. That's his whole life. McDavid is also very dedicated. There is a reason why they are the two best players in the world.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Crosby. The guy breathes hockey. That's his whole life. McDavid is also very dedicated. There is a reason why they are the two best players in the world.

Karlsson on one leg this post season is also an example. May miss the start of the season.

Crosby doesn't seem to have a life besides hockey, his private life is either very private or boring, and the one time a photo leaked out it was of Crosby bedding the Stanley Cup (for Jonathan Toews to drink from it first..true story). Crosby is all hockey, hence in my eyes the most dedicated.

Last edited:

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Oh an North American and his statistics. That's a love marriage. My "bubble" is what surrounds your little NA bubble sponsored by Gary's media. after following what heppans in your media I basically doubt even your past stars. How much of their legacy is just media inflicted brain wash?

I belive what I see.
What are you even talking about? Why am I lesser because I'm from North America? I've been playing hockey since I was five years old and I'm going to be playing in college at a pretty high level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad