Which current player in the NHL is the most devoted to the sport of hockey?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Another blind and deaf panegyric to poster boy. No, he is not.

Not promoting the sport on social media is a minus.

Dull personality doesn't help either.

Doesn't deserve any of the both Conn Smythes.

He can do whatever he wants with the puck, but compared to real wizards he is just good.

The only true answer to your question is Jaromir Jagr. At 45 he is wants more and he can do more. He is the most dedicated hockey player I could think of. Has a great personality, is a tremedous guy to look up to for younger players of all ages and doesn't need the whole NA media to push his popularity.

Get a load of this guy...Top Kek.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void

He can do whatever he wants with the puck, but compared to real wizards he is just good.

The only true answer to your question is Jaromir Jagr. At 45 he is wants more and he can do more. He is the most dedicated hockey player I could think of. Has a great personality, is a tremedous guy to look up to for younger players of all ages and doesn't need the whole NA media to push his popularity.

Stop embarrassing yourself. No matter how much you wish it wasn't true it is.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Wait what? Someone really thinks Sid didn't deserve the Smythe this year? He was amazing and while Malkin could have won, it was pretty clear after the finals that Crosby had the best case for MVP. I get if someone disagrees (even heavily) with 2016 Smythe, but this year it was in no way controversial.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Yep, OV pretending his stick is on fire and wearing silly hats is the epitome of devotion.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
What a silly question. How are any of you supposed to know who has devoted more of their life to get where they are?

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
1A Crosby
1B Jagr

Notice how the generational talents are the ones who put in the most effort. Goes to show that it is nurture, not nature, and anybody can do it if one puts in a tremendous effort

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Ivan Provorov moved across the world at age 14, leaving family back in Russia and residing in NE Pennsylvania. Not knowing the language.

All for hockey. Nolan Patrick just joked that he tried to get in touch with Provorov around the time of draft but he "works out 10 hours a day". Hyperbole, but you get the point.

He eats sleeps and breathes hockey.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Jagr for the second phase of his career has been remarkable, but he was pretty much the opposite at one point. Good on him for turning it around.

Crosby from Day 1 has been dedicated to being the best player in hockey. I think it was part way through his first season when someone brought up to him that he was last in the NHL is face-offs. He spent the entire off-season working on them, and then the following season was near the top, if I am not mistaken.

We see so many guys who have all the tools just waste them...it is inspiring when a guy actually has the work ethic to go with the talent.

Unfortunately, that sort of behavior does make you the ire of a lot of ridicule, as well, as we see on here all the time.

Legacy is more important that internet popularity, though, regardless of what people want to believe.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014

I do believe we have found the president of the "I hate Sid the Kid" fan club...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

Some revisionist history here. There was a time people wanted him out of the NHL, and he was considered a coach-killing cancer who would only put in the effort if given the role he wanted.

Like I said, his longevity has been remarkable, and he had a career turnaround that he and his fans should be proud of. But let's remember the entire journey, not just cherry-pick the good parts.

As for Sid and his personality/social media stuff...meh. A lot of people (like me) prefer that to the windbags who need to talk about themselves all the time. People on here think they are the hockey world. You're not. Most people are not internet trolls. Most hockey people trend conservative, older, and hate that kind of crap.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
...through the last few years...

Maybe it is because I am old, but that is not the guy I watched in the 90's and early 2000's.

He was always training nut, but he was more selfish and moody. Work ethics has literally never been his problem. He was diva and bit of a jerk towards the fans at earlier in his career. But he's always been one of the hardest trainers/workers in the league. And his physique has always been insanely good.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Jagr. The guy has been playing professional hockey since 1988 and is still a top 6 player in the league. He's remarkable.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Jagr. Gym/hockey rat for life. I can see him going and playing anywhere and everywhere he can after he retires from the NHL for a good long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: