Which 3 NHLers would you grab a drink with? (And 3 you wouldn’t)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm going with a couple formers on would.

Selanne
Bryzgalov
Ovechkin

Would not

McDavid
MacKinnon
Binnington

I could probably add like ten more but that's 2 bores and one douche. I can just picture mack ordering a water and telling me he only drinks when he has something to celebrate and even then he has one truly before cutting himself off.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden

Selanne
Bryzgalov
Ovechkin

Would not

McDavid
MacKinnon
Binnington

I could probably add like ten more but that's 2 bores and one douche. I can just picture mack ordering a water and telling me he only drinks when he has something to celebrate and even then he has one truly before cutting himself off.
Maybe Selänne 15 years ago. He is hella creepy now.

Reactions: Jaska and Stapler

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Selanne
Bryzgalov
Ovechkin

Would not

McDavid
MacKinnon
Binnington

Current, man, current! Otherwise I gotta go through spittin chiclets and figure out which old booze bag told the best stories. Seriously though, you play it as you like, I just figure the possibility of past players means I’m immediately getting Corson involved just to watch shit happen.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Current, man, current! Otherwise I gotta go through spittin chiclets and figure out which old booze bag told the best stories. Seriously though, you play it as you like, I just figure the possibility of past players means I’m immediately getting Corson involved just to watch shit happen.
Fine if current then probably

William Karlsson
Ovechkin
Kucherov

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I would hit the town with Bob Probert, Chris Simon & Jere Karalahti. Would not with Tavares, Mcdavid, Crosby.

In the past few months, Karalahti has amassed 66t€ in collectable debt, lost his entire credit, pissed on a bouncers shoes, attacked random people in an airplane and left his wife and kids (again, different kids and wife, same dude).

Seems like he knows how to party.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Erik Cole is my kinda guy. Barzal no.

opinions from sandbaggers
have drank with Erik Cole, very fun dude, legitimately a good guy too.

3 current ones I'd want:
1 Marchand - might hate him on the ice but the guy seems hilarious
2 Burns - anyone that weird has to have some great stories
3 Aho - guy has an extremely dry sense of humor and is incredibly smart for a hockey player, figure if he ever got drunk and decided to roast people it would be hilarious.

3 to avoid:
1 MacKinnon - yeah I'm not getting called out for drinking something with more than 100 calories or whatever
2 Cousins - prick
3 Slavin - pretty sure dude doesn't drink, though nice enough guy at least - actually scratch Slavin, could always use a DD around if needed

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I doubt he'd spend a drinking night on all that but he's just a name that popped into my head. His political opinions are disappointing.

He's reportedly a very fun guy to party with. His opinions these days seem kind a weird, but if it's just for a fun night out, basically all former Finnish NHL players always name Selanne as one of the best guys to go out with. Fun, easy going and generous.

He's annoying as f*** in twitter these days though.

Reactions: Jaska and HanSolo

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Five drinks in Ovechkin will be rambling about how the fall of the Soviet Union was the biggest tragedy in history.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb and Coffey

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Bob Probert RIP would be cool to shoot the shit with and have a couple of beers. I am sure he would have some insane stories to tell.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
it's a weird/funny question because all of these guys are just dudes. i genuinely can't think of anyone in the league right now that i'd have numerous questions for because they're interesting. athough a lot of interesting guys from the recent past (subban, kessel, bryzgalov, bobby ryan, bissonette - he's a moron, but i'd go for a beer with him) have retired recently. also probably an age thing, lol. could've rattled off a top-50 when i was in high school. anyways.

top-3:
auston matthews (would be curious about his interests beyond hockey and how he thinks the game could grow)
dylan cozens (same hometown)
claude giroux (been around for a long time, comes across as interesting, probably has cool stories)

hm: elias pettersson, jujhar khaira

bottom-3:
patrick kane
erik gudbranson
tyler seguin

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Would have beers with:

Shane O Brien