Which 3 NHLers would you grab a drink with? (And 3 you wouldn’t)

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Ovechkin without a doubt
Brent Burns on his ranch
Slaf which is weird because he would be my kids age

No...
McDavid.....snoozefest
Crosby.......not sure he cuts loose
Bedard......see above

I'd like to do it one on one, just sitting in a sports bar. Or even a quieter place like at home. Sid could tell you a lot of stories no doubt. He wouldn't paint the town red I don't think or anything like that, but if you wanted a guy to talk to about hockey and just basically listen to he'd be perfect for it.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I'd like to do it one on one, just sitting in a sports bar. Or even a quieter place like at home. Sid could tell you a lot of stories no doubt. He wouldn't paint the town red I don't think or anything like that, but if you wanted a guy to talk to about hockey and just basically listen to he'd be perfect for it.
I love Sid. And I would be the most star struck by him in today's NHL. But drink with and I think crush beers and have a night, he wouldn't be it. But yes, to sit and talk too would be cool.

Bryz
Hexstall
Dale Hunter
Head on over the Wortley Road House in london if you want drink with Dale

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Would:
1. The Great 8 (self-explanatory)
2. Phil Kessel (awkward but funny at times, and seems like a nice guy)
3. TJ Oshie (nice guy and definitely knows how to party)

Would not:
1. MacKinnon (seems too serious and stiff)
2. John Tavares (seems robotic and boring)
3. Connor Bedard (can’t imagine having a drink with a guy who never ate any fast food in his life!)

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
I don't have many strong opinions for current NHLers, I feel like fans have no idea how these people act when they are away from the cameras/fans and comfortable.

That said, I'd go on a serious bender with Terry Ryan I tell you hwat.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Even though i don't care for the Panthers i would say Bob because he's seems like a great guy on the Tobin YouTube channel......

Ray Bourque, Doughty , and John Leclair would be my other choices........They always seemed really nice to talk to......

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

It’s worth noting I said a beer, singular, and offered non-alcoholic options. Granted a beer can kinda imply a couple, as can the overall setup, but it’s funny how many people are immediately like “ok, who parties?”

I don't want to go out for beers with someone who's going to try to get me to eat a kale salad with my beer.

A) I’m worried Mac wouldn’t be like that at all, and then I’d be disappointed. B) There is also the possibility that he’s so hyper-jock he just competes in everything, and that might be funny. Drinking completely devoid of enjoyment, just Mac screaming at himself to rep one more.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
Would: MAF- fun and first class
Brayden Point- great kid and very engaging
Paul Maurice - if coaches count. Oh the stories and great sense of humor.

Would not: Kuch - love him but I would have to get him hammered to get him to talk LOL

DeAngelo and Evander Kane - pretty self explanatory for either

Reactions: mattihp

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Flower
Seguin and his wife as they seem fun
Toffoli and his wife again as they seem fun
Honourable mention Gallagher as he seems funny and ZachHyman as he seems interesting

NOT
Matthews too arrogant
Kucherov not sure the boards would allow me to say what I think or him
McDavid sorry he just comes across as too boring

Reactions: mattihp

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Perry, Marchand, and lets go with Hartman

I really want to know what goes on in those guys heads with some of the shit they do on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad