Which 3 NHLers would you grab a drink with? (And 3 you wouldn’t)

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Random one, but I’m curious- which 3 current NHLers would you most wanna grab a beer (or non-alcoholic drink) with? Which 3 guys would you least wanna get a drink with?

For me-
1) Jeff Skinner- Funny Buffalo dude, easy pick.
2) Brent Burns- I don’t really get snake people, dude seems different.
3) ..uh, Pasta? Sure, dude seems chill.

The bad table
1) Marchand. I might end up thinking he’s an alright dude, and I don’t want that.
2) MacKinnon. If he’s actually chill it ruins my fun assumptions, and if he actually does say “I’ll indulge in one Michelob light” or somethin I’m out the door.
3) Nick Cousins. All the homies dislike Nick Cousins.

I’m sure there’s actually worse picks than Brad and Nate, but obviously I dunno these people. This is just like a best guess sorta thing.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Unrelated, but an excuse to relay a story from a beer league teammate. He was friends of friends with some guys on Calgary's AHL team. So when Stockton was in San Diego, they met up with them for drinks. Eddie Lack had been sent down by the Flames.

Since he was on an NHL deal (3 million that season), Lack was happily buying drinks for everybody. My friend said Lack was a funny drunk too.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Would:
Hamilton
Lazar
Burns

Would not:
Jack Hughes
Zegras
Luke Hughes

I'm old so I picked guys closer to my age, I have zero interest with hanging out with kids. They'd do nothing but disappoint me.

Reactions: knuck

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Yes:
Doug Murray... Invented the 3-way beer tap, so you know this dude parties.

1711565151658.png
1711565095185.png

Olli Maatta... dude goes hard.
1711565301326.png
1711564955198.png

Brian Dumoulin... I guess I'd have to have 3 drinks with him...
1711565003743.png
1711565022124.png

No:
Evander Kane
Tom Wilson
Brad Marchand

Last edited:

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
OV
Any of the rangers 😂 fox and Laf first two choices tho

No way:

Sid. I would probably rule him up with stupid remarks about his early days of being slewfoot Sid, paired with idiotic comments about watching from the bench as the rangers came back on the pens in the playoffs not being different than being on the ice as the rangers come back on the pens in the playoffs. I like having all my teeth, so no Sid.

Kadri. Respect his game and he is a beast, but somehow I get the impression I couldn’t stand him in person.

Marchand. Like Sid, he probably knocks my teeth out after I make a rat joke. Possibly implying he has Baltimorean rat ancestry (if you know Baltimore you get it). No Marchand.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Unrelated, but an excuse to relay a story from a beer league teammate. He was friends of friends with some guys on Calgary's AHL team. So when Stockton was in San Diego, they met up with them for drinks. Eddie Lack had been sent down by the Flames.

Since he was on an NHL deal (3 million that season), Lack was happily buying drinks for everybody. My friend said Lack was a funny drunk too.
Eddie Läck is from my home municipality of Norrtälje. Lots of Finns to learn drinking from :D

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Yep
Crosby - seems like a nice, chill guy
Subban - probably fun
Puljujärvi - seems kind and wants to have a good time. Good sense of humour.

-McDavid - seems to be more boring than boring
-Matthews - if it was here in Sweden he would probably be jailed
-Tony DeAngelo - not because of his opinions but of his disrespect of others

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Would:
Hamilton
Lazar
Burns

Would not:
Jack Hughes
Zegras
Luke Hughes

I'm old so I picked guys closer to my age, I have zero interest with hanging out with kids. They'd do nothing but disappoint me.

Haha damn, I’m there now myself. Briefly considered Hughes and realized I don’t wanna talk Call of Duty and chasing tail all night. I’m stereotyping, but there’s a reason your friend group is largely around your age, and why my 30s self judges my 20s self.

Would:

1. Hyman
  2. Campbell (he was an NHLer a few months ago)
  3. Sid Crosby
I just like nice people, and they all seem nice. And they are close to my age too

Wouldn’t:

1. Matthews
  2. Marner
  3. John Tavares
I am a Leafs fan and don’t like any of those people.

Hilarious, I didn’t wanna say it because some other leaf fan might take it as targeting, but ya. Awful squad from the outside.

Yes:
Doug Murray... Invented the 3-way beer tap, so you know this dude parties.

View attachment 842328View attachment 842326

Olli Maatta... dude goes hard.
View attachment 842329View attachment 842322

Brian Dumoulin... I guess I'd have to have 3 drinks with him...
View attachment 842323View attachment 842324

No:
Evander Kane
Tom Wilson
Brad Marchand

Dear lord, you just created a bar fight with your no list. I can’t think of a worse combination (ok, I can, but they’re all taking time off, currently.)
Would: Panarin, Subban, MAF.

They just seem cool.

Would not: Wilson, Jarvis, MacKinnon

Wilson, I would be tempted to put caster oil in his beer, Jarvis is the ugliest human being I've ever seen and I don't wanna look at him, and MacKinnon would call me fat.

That Jarvis shit is super mean, but I chuckled. Dude does kinda look randomized in a not great way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad