Where would you rank Artemi Panarin as of today?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Honest question- where do we rate dmen? Hedman, Carlson, Makar, Hughes- I’d be ok saying Panarin is a top.. 7 forward, easy, but idk how to compare to d or goalie impact.
I can see Carlson being in the discussion for being more valuable than Panarin, but not the rest of D mentioned.

Gotta love the guy who was so generous to put Panarin in the top 20 players overall. Never change HF, never change.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
provide an argument against that

The fact that I would need to put an argument together why Connor McDavid isn't the best player in the league is comical. I think it would make more sense having you tell me why and how Panerin is better than McDavid.

Tell me that if you have your own team and you get to draft from the entire NHL you take Panerin first? Where do you put McDavid?

SlickHands

Apr 11, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
People laughing at the idea that he's top 5 right now are way off base. When you look at his scoring relative to his team, it's incredible the season he's having. For me, to this point in the season the MVP is between him and MacKinnon when you factor in that Pastrnak isn't playing vastly superior hockey to the rest of the perfection line and I can't rightfully give it to McDavid when he will probably have a teammate finish above him in the scoring race.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What would the rangers record be without him? He’s like the entire team at this point

They didn't have him last season and their record was basically the same, so.......

Hockey really is the one sport where one guy doesn't change all that much, unless it is a goalie who is just in the zone.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The fact that I would need to put an argument together why Connor McDavid isn't the best player in the league is comical. I think it would make more sense having you tell me why and how Panerin is better than McDavid.

Tell me that if you have your own team and you get to draft from the entire NHL you take Panerin first? Where do you put McDavid?

Panarin has been a better player this season.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Panarin has been a better player this season.

Ohh interesting... So you arent answering the question. The question wasn't who is having a better season.

So again how about you answer the actual question. Where do you rank him as a player? You gonna still think it's funny that I think McDavid is better than Panerin?

Go ahead ill wait

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I like how so many people seem to be a fan of his and generally we are able to actually discuss him. I honestly thought people would be sick of hearing about him by now. :laugh:

Funny quote from Kreider the other day:
I don’t think he’s made a pass where he’s actually looking at the person he’s passing to in the last three or four months,” Kreider said. “Everything’s no look. Everything’s sauce, and it lands perfectly. He’s on a whole other level, playing with and against the best competition of the world. It’s really special.”

They didn't have him last season and their record was basically the same, so.......

Hockey really is the one sport where one guy doesn't change all that much, unless it is a goalie who is just in the zone.
This is true to an extent but we can still compare players based on how much they contribute to wins. The Rangers are on pace to finish 7 spots higher than last season.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This is true to an extent but we can still compare players based on how much they contribute to wins. The Rangers are on pace to finish 7 spots higher than last season.

After 56 games they have 62 points are in 20 place in the NHL.

After 56 games last season they had 56 points and were 23rd place in the NHL.

So Panarin has been good for six additional points so far. :dunno:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
After 56 games they have 62 points are in 20 place in the NHL.

After 56 games last season they had 56 points and were 23rd place in the NHL.

So Panarin has been good for six additional points so far. :dunno:
theres other factors there though. adding in the butt trash that has been kaapo kakko instead of kevin hayes, as well as a major regression from chris kreider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad