Where would you rank Artemi Panarin as of today?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
After 56 games they have 62 points are in 20 place in the NHL.

After 56 games last season they had 56 points and were 23rd place in the NHL.

So Panarin has been good for six additional points so far. :dunno:
They finished 26th overall last season. Anyway, I’m not judging his contribution based on that—there are too many moving parts and variables like other players they’ve lost/added. Also not for nothing, but 6 points is more than it sounds. Last year that would have been the difference between finishing 14th overall and finishing 6th overall. 1 out of 18 players contributing 3 wins in a season is pretty big.

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
I like how so many people seem to be a fan of his and generally we are able to actually discuss him. I honestly thought people would be sick of hearing about him by now. :laugh:

Funny quote from Kreider the other day:

This is true to an extent but we can still compare players based on how much they contribute to wins. The Rangers are on pace to finish 7 spots higher than last season.

Wasn’t sure how much play he got on here. He doesn’t get talked about much here in MN, even for an NY player which is not typically the case for other sports

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Definititely Top-10 player. Only guys who I'm pretty sure that are better than him are McDavid and Mackinnon. Probably Top-5 player.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
A top five forward and one of the best playmaking forwards in the league........ If he were still here in Columbus, I'd just declare him the best regardless of McDavid, McKinnon or pick your guy.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
They finished 26th overall last season. Anyway, I’m not judging his contribution based on that—there are too many moving parts and variables like other players they’ve lost/added. Also not for nothing, but 6 points is more than it sounds. Last year that would have been the difference between finishing 14th overall and finishing 6th overall. 1 out of 18 players contributing 3 wins in a season is pretty big.
according to evolving hockey, panarin's 3.8 WAR leads the NHL. also brayden point is 2nd among forwards in WAR :)

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Top 10 for sure.
  1. McDavid
  2. Mackinnon
  3. Crosby
  4. Ovechkin
  5. Kane
  6. Kucherov
  7. Draisaitl
  8. Panarin
  9. Pastrnak
  10. Marchand
HM: Matthews, Eichel, Malkin, Bergeron

Last edited:
Reactions: CROCODILE SEATS

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
After 56 games they have 62 points are in 20 place in the NHL.

After 56 games last season they had 56 points and were 23rd place in the NHL.

So Panarin has been good for six additional points so far. :dunno:
no hayes, zibaneja was injured, some players may not be playing as well as last year, etc. there are multiple factors involved

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
The guy has eyes on the back of his head. There have been so many times where I initially thought "why would he make that pass?"...and then somehow puck makes it through half a hockey team for a scoring chance.

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
People need to stop throwing top 5s around the league in the forum. How many top 5s are there. Any hot player each given week is a potential top 5 player.

Reactions: hmc1987

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

Leads NHL in 5v5 points. 5th in total points. Linemates for 83% of the season Ryan Strome and Jesper Fast.

Hes good. Definitely Top 5 LW by any criteria.

Probably Top 20 player in the entire league including Defenseman and Goalies

For reference - Top 3
MacKinnon, McDavid, Crosby - in no particular order

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If the Rangers were in a playoff spot, Panarin would be my Hart Trophy pick.

So...he's pretty good.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Top 10 for sure.
  1. McDavid
  2. Mackinnon
  3. Crosby
  4. Ovechkin
  5. Kane
  6. Kucherov
  7. Draisaitl
  8. Panarin
  9. Pastrnak
  10. Marchand
HM: Matthews, Eichel, Malkin, Bergeron

Ridiculous that you write the words FOR sre.

Eichel has points in 35 of his last 39 games and is 6th in the league with 73 points, as a - 23 year old center,, but yea just an HM.”for sure, he’s one assist away from 200 career assists and he hasn’t even played 350 games.

he’s better then half of those guys in your top ten

I really don’t get how mackinnon is also second to McDavid when Eichels had a better career points per game on worst teams that score less, I mean when Mack was on a low scoring team he just cracked over fifty points. But hey I mean, am fine if mackinnon is ahead given his 97 and 99 points heads even though Eichels worst season is better then three of Mack’s, I can overlook that but to our mack second and eichel not even in the top ten isn’t consistent. Too many wingers in your top ten too. Eichel has to do everything on his own and dominated offensive zone and transition metrics. There’s literally no one that can stop this guy right now, I get you don’t watch his games but do you even see his highlight?

Last edited:

Web In Front

Feb 1, 2020
Panarin and Marner are so impressive to me because they're both small and relatively slight, average skaters at best (Marner maybe a bit better than average) and while they can both shoot the puck it's not like they have Matthews-level releases or anything close. They're just the smartest players out there and have the vision and puck skills to make the highest-percentage plays with and without the puck every time. Not to go all Eddie Olczyk here but young hockey players should be watching these guys closely to learn how you can become a superstar even if you aren't blessed with McDavid's skating or Ovechkin's shot and physical gifts.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
McDavid
Draisaitl
MacKinnon
Pastrnak
Panarin

The 2 Ps flip back and forth.

Then Eichel/Matthew's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad