Where would Bo Horvat slot into your teams C depth

Where would Bo Horvat slot into your teams C depth?

• Total voters

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yikes, are you trying to be wrong?

Kadri has never scored those numbers on the third line, he scored them on the second

Well that's not true, the Leafs used Kadri in a defensive role last year. Their scoring lines were centred by Matthews and Bozak. He was between Connor Brown and Kapanen, if I recall?

Kadri's numbers on the third line are considerably down this year

sure, Kadri's numbers are down this year, he is 100% strictly in a defensive role while at ES.
Kadri always gets plenty of PP time

Well, depends what you consider plenty. Kadri has been getting PP time this year, because he is so effective on both ends. When given an offensive role, he easily thrives and scores 30+ goals.

Horvat has played a defensive role this year.

Well that's just silly. He's gotten almost 4 minutes a game in PP time, barely touches the PK, plays with scoring line linemates.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Arguably 4th line centre actually. Kadri scores nearly 60 points, 30 goals, from the third line in a defensive role.

You put Horvat in a defensive role, I would assume his points drop significantly. It's a different story than being one of the options a team has. Drop his PP time down to near zero.

but he is starting to pick it up and look like he could eventually be a solid top 6 player.
Horvat is deployed in a defensive role lol

WalkwithElias

Dec 24, 2018
Arguably 4th line centre actually. Kadri scores nearly 60 points, 30 goals, from the third line in a defensive role.

You put Horvat in a defensive role, I would assume his points drop significantly. It's a different story than being one of the options a team has. Drop his PP time down to near zero.

but he is starting to pick it up and look like he could eventually be a solid top 6 player.

Are you using Kadri’s past performance as your basis? Or are you even bothering to look at each players stats this season???? Blue and white glasses skewing your opinion I see

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'd put him at #2 behind Larkin, but it's very, very very close.

In all likelihood they'd be equals and would be a serious pain in the ass for the opposing team's coach trying to give his top line the best opportunity.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Yikes, are you trying to be wrong?

Kadri has never scored those numbers on the third line, he scored them on the second

Kadri's numbers on the third line are considerably down this year

Kadri always gets plenty of PP time

Horvat has played a defensive role this year.

But hey, you spelled their names correctly, so good job

He's pacing for 53 points with bad puck luck instead of 55, what a hit.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Well that's not true, the Leafs used Kadri in a defensive role last year. Their scoring lines were centred by Matthews and Bozak. He was between Connor Brown and Kapanen, if I recall?

Defensive role doesn't mean 3rd line. He was the 2nd line center, tasked with a 2-way role. That's how a lot of teams run their lines these days. And Kadri was doing awful offensively last year until Marner was put on his line.

sure, Kadri's numbers are down this year, he is 100% strictly in a defensive role while at ES.

Which is the role you tried to peg his production the last two years as being under. But he clearly wasn't

Well, depends what you consider plenty. Kadri has been getting PP time this year, because he is so effective on both ends. When given an offensive role, he easily thrives and scores 30+ goals.

Yes, in an offensive role, not a 3rd line role. Glad we cleared that up

Well that's just silly. He's gotten almost 4 minutes a game in PP time, barely touches the PK, plays with scoring line linemates.

Horvat's "scoring linemates" are currently Jake Virtanen and the ghost of Loui Eriksson, and he's played all year with a mix of Tim Schaller, Antoine Roussel, and Tyler Motte. Sutter and Beagle have mixed large chunks of the year and as a result the majority of his ES time has been in a defensive role, where he's excelled.

WalkwithElias

Dec 24, 2018
Well, it's true.
It’s not true at all. If your 4th line center is on pace for roughly 70 ish points, you’d have a dynasty. If you want to say he hasnt gotten there yet, then yes that’s fair. But then your also arguing Matthews is not a first line center as well since he has only had a career high of 69 points, no?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
With scoring up

Adjusting for the 3% increase in scoring leaguewide, he's pacing for 51-52 "adjusted" points. Sorry, my mistake, that 4 point pace drop off halfway through the season is "considerably down" lmao. Don't let the fact that he's on pace for 37 ES points compared to his 36 last year get in the way of your narrative though.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
So on teams like Pitsburgh and Tampa and Washington, all legitimate contenders, Horvat is an easy 3C. Yet on Toronto, a team arguably worse than those 3 teams Horvat is a 4C because Leaf fans.

Meh. Toronto has 3 better Centres than Horvat.

Don't blame the messenger.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Kadri is not a better centre than Horvat, now or going forward.

Sure he is. Two 32-goal, 61 & 55 point seasons say so. Another 55 point season is about to happen.

Horvat Scores fewer goals, gets fewer points, and isn't as tenacious or as good defensively.

Kadri is 3C on the Leafs. Horvat doesn't take that away from him.

:)

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Horvat is 13th in goals and 22nd in points among centres. He has been our shutdown centre and has a +/- of 0 on what is supposed to be an awful team. He is a #2 on all but a couple of teams like EDM, TOR, TBL, PIT, WSH, and maybe CAL and BUF. I can't really think of anyone else that has 2 better centres than him.

Horvat is a really good player, if you don't watch the Canucks much, he will likely surprise you.

WalkwithElias

Dec 24, 2018
Sure he is. Two 32-goal, 61 & 55 point seasons say so. Another 55 point season is about to happen.

Horvat Scores fewer goals, gets fewer points, and isn't as tenacious or as good defensively.

Kadri is 3C on the Leafs. Horvat doesn't take that away from him.

:)
You’re a straight up fool. Take off those homer glasses and watch other teams ?

WalkwithElias

Dec 24, 2018
Hmmm.........I don't think name calling is allowed. Better watch that, Sonny.

Has Horvat ever turned in back-to-back 32 goal seasons?

No?

Talk to me when he does okay?

So a player this season who is on pace for more then 70 points is NOT better then the player THIS SEASON on pace for 50 points?? Not to mention is way older then Horvat??

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00