Where would B Gallagher slot in as a winger on your team?

Which spot would he slot in as a winger on your team?

• Best winger

• 2nd best winger

• 3rd best winger

• 4th best winger

• 5th best winger

• 6th best winger

• 7th best winger

• 8th best winger

Results are only viewable after voting.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
B. Gallagher is a heart and soul never say die bulldog as weep as being a skilled scorer. B. Gallagher is a top 10 RW. B. Gallagher would be the top RW on most teams in the league. B. Gallagher is a future Conn Smythe trophy winner.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not going to count Drai as a winger since him and McDavid kinda share duties, but Gally would be our best winger.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What ranking of those would you suggest (genuinely curious)?
Probably your number 1 until Laine proves to be consistent over a full season. Wheeler is also very close, but this season he's regressed (he's 33!). Connor, as good as he is, does not bring the intangibles Gallagher brings in every single game. Gallagher's level of compete is second to none. And Gallagher does all this playing with 3rd liners (whose stats are ridiculously boosted thanks to Gallagher) - seriously go take a look to see who he plays with. Also, the reason I put that laugh emoji is because there's no way anyone could think Ehlers is better than Gallagher in any way.

There's a reason Montreal is playing as well as they are, and Gallagher is a huge part of that reason. Take off Gallagher and Habs are in trouble.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Probably your number 1 until Laine proves to be consistent over a full season. Wheeler is also very close, but this season he's regressed (he's 33!). Connor, as good as he is, does not bring the intangibles Gallagher brings in every single game. Gallagher's level of compete is second to none. And Gallagher does all this playing with 3rd liners (whose stats are ridiculously boosted thanks to Gallagher) - seriously go take a look to see who he plays with. Also, the reason I put that laugh emoji is because there's no way anyone could think Ehlers is better than Gallagher in any way.

There's a reason Montreal is playing as well as they are, and Gallagher is a huge part of that reason. Take off Gallagher and Habs are in trouble.

Fair enough, I could see arguments for Gallagher over Laine or Connor currently (although both have career highs better than Gallagher). Wheeler has started slow although with your same argument for putting Laine low, it's much too soon to put Gallagher over Wheeler (coming off a 91 point season). It's interesting that you singled out Ehlers as he's been arguably the best Jet this season (except maybe Hellebuyck) - he's definitely back after a down year.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Fair enough, I could see arguments for Gallagher over Laine or Connor currently (although both have career highs better than Gallagher). Wheeler has started slow although with your same argument for putting Laine low, it's much too soon to put Gallagher over Wheeler (coming off a 91 point season). It's interesting that you singled out Ehlers as he's been arguably the best Jet this season (except maybe Hellebuyck) - he's definitely back after a down year.
I agree about Wheeler coming off a 91p season He was the only one I'd put above Gallagher, since he's also an excellent playmaker. But his age and slow start is enough for me to perhaps put Gallagher ahead.

Gallagher is 30g+, 50p+ player. He'll never be much more than that (although he's on track for his first 60+ point season this year). It's how he improves everyone around him (Danault, a third line center, is on pace for 60+ points this year, after ending his season last year with 53 points; Tatar, who was supposed to be a cap dump, is PPG this year, after ending his season last year with a career-high 58 points). Take off Gallagher, and Danault would never be more than a 40 point player, and Tatar, a cap dump, would not reach those high numbers. He's that valuable a player - gives his 110% each and every night and pushes his linemates to be the very best they can be, while getting under the skin of the opposing teams.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I see someone thinks he'd be the 8th best winger on the Leafs.What a LAFF.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I think he would be the best winger on my team. I feel pretty confident saying that since he is in fact the best winger on my team.

Reactions: Gravity

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I put him as 3rd on the Canes behind TT and Svech. It’s a small sample size for Svech but in 20 games this year he is an absolute force out there and over a ppg. TT is playing at a ppg pace as well and coming off 64 and 76 point seasons. Both are younger than Gallagher so they should only improve from there. I’d have no problem having Gally on our top line though.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
I think he's a better player than Boeser right now. Boeser is more naturally talented, but he hasn't shown the same game breaking ability he did in his rookie year, especially with his shot on the PP, and Gallagher is a better 5v5 producer and play driver, and despite his hot start, I think Gallagher is clearly better than Miller as well. So I'd say #1, but he'd likely play on the 2nd line with Horvat

He'd be a top 3 winger on all but a couple teams in the league so either there's a lot of fans of those teams voting outside of the top 3 or he's pretty underrated around here. Like there's Boston, Hawks and Canes fans voting 4, which is ridiculous

I put him 3rd on Boston behind Marchand and Pastrnak, but Debrusk could make a case for being 3rd best if he keeps on developping. As of right now I have Gallagher "slightly" ahead of Debrusk, ironically they have similar styles of hockey.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
2nd or 3rd best winger. Clearly behind Boeser on the RW though, which is the truly relevant question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad