Where would B Gallagher slot in as a winger on your team?

Which spot would he slot in as a winger on your team?

• Best winger

• 2nd best winger

• 3rd best winger

• 4th best winger

• 5th best winger

• 6th best winger

• 7th best winger

• 8th best winger

Results are only viewable after voting.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Probably your number 1 until Laine proves to be consistent over a full season. Wheeler is also very close, but this season he's regressed (he's 33!). Connor, as good as he is, does not bring the intangibles Gallagher brings in every single game. Gallagher's level of compete is second to none. And Gallagher does all this playing with 3rd liners (whose stats are ridiculously boosted thanks to Gallagher) - seriously go take a look to see who he plays with. Also, the reason I put that laugh emoji is because there's no way anyone could think Ehlers is better than Gallagher in any way.

There's a reason Montreal is playing as well as they are, and Gallagher is a huge part of that reason. Take off Gallagher and Habs are in trouble.
Ehlers is the best winger on the Jets, and there is absolutely no way Gallagher would be the best on the Jets. And I love Gallagher. 3rd could be argued, I'd go 4th or 5th. The "1 of 17 players to score 30+ goals for the past two years" argument is being used a lot, you realize that Connor and Laine are among those 17 right?

Reactions: DRW204

Vilica

Jun 1, 2014
I had typed out Gallagher comparisons to the Capitals top wingers, but I think polling this thread as to who they'd choose between Gallagher and Tom Wilson would be the most instructive assessment of his value amongst wingers in the league. On one hand, you have Gallagher, who's done the following the past 2 seasons:

-36 and 45 even strength points (22 and 29 goals), 0.45 and 0.55 ESP/G
-17 and 7 PP points, with ~2:30 TOI/G show that he's not a primary power play person (his PP TOI is 5th on the Habs both years)
-Minimal PK time both years
-Is pesty in a Gallagher-y way

On the other hand, you have Tom Wilson, who's done the following:

-33 even strength points both years (13 and 17 goals), 0.42 and 0.52 ESP/G
-1 and 5 PP points, receiving no PP TOI one year, and a minute less than Gallagher the other year
-Primary PK forward both years
-Is very Tom Wilson-y

Gallagher's marginally outproduced him both years, but Wilson's defensive value and general Tom Wilsonness could very easily push his case as a better winger. You could also make arguments about Oshie and Vrana, though I think Gallagher would have a better shot at winning polls against them.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I had typed out Gallagher comparisons to the Capitals top wingers, but I think polling this thread as to who they'd choose between Gallagher and Tom Wilson would be the most instructive assessment of his value amongst wingers in the league. On one hand, you have Gallagher, who's done the following the past 2 seasons:

-36 and 45 even strength points (22 and 29 goals), 0.45 and 0.55 ESP/G
-17 and 7 PP points, with ~2:30 TOI/G show that he's not a primary power play person (his PP TOI is 5th on the Habs both years)
-Minimal PK time both years
-Is pesty in a Gallagher-y way

On the other hand, you have Tom Wilson, who's done the following:

-33 even strength points both years (13 and 17 goals), 0.42 and 0.52 ESP/G
-1 and 5 PP points, receiving no PP TOI one year, and a minute less than Gallagher the other year
-Primary PK forward both years
-Is very Tom Wilson-y

Gallagher's marginally outproduced him both years, but Wilson's defensive value and general Tom Wilsonness could very easily push his case as a better winger. You could also make arguments about Oshie and Vrana, though I think Gallagher would have a better shot at winning polls against them.

Ya Gallagher's marginally outproduced him both year.:laugh::laugh:
All this cherry picking. Here's the totals.
Last 2 seasons
Wilson-------- -36 goals 75 pts
Gallagher-------64 goals 106 pts.

Gallagher has almost as many goals as Wilson has total points.
But that is marginally outproducing him.:facepalm:

Reactions: HabsMD97

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Voted 2nd, but changed my mind and i think he would be 1st. Kessel might get more points, but Gallagher has higher impact overall. Keller and Schmaltz have potential to be better, but i wouldn’t rank them ahead of Gallagher just yet

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
3rd after Rantanen and Landeskog. Boy I can only dream a line with Landeskog-Kadri-Gallagher there would probably be a scrum after every whistle :laugh:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think he's a better player than Boeser right now. Boeser is more naturally talented, but he hasn't shown the same game breaking ability he did in his rookie year, especially with his shot on the PP, and Gallagher is a better 5v5 producer and play driver, and despite his hot start, I think Gallagher is clearly better than Miller as well. So I'd say #1, but he'd likely play on the 2nd line with Horvat

He'd be a top 3 winger on all but a couple teams in the league so either there's a lot of fans of those teams voting outside of the top 3 or he's pretty underrated around here. Like there's Boston, Hawks and Canes fans voting 4, which is ridiculous

I mean he is obviously worse than Marchand and Pastrnak. DeBrusk scored at the same pace as Gallagher last year as a 22 year old but is still growing while Gallagher is a finished package so that is at least debatable and not ridiculous. It would be ridiculous to say that DeBrusk and Gallagher are not on the same general tier.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I mean he is obviously worse than Marchand and Pastrnak. DeBrusk scored at the same pace as Gallagher last year as a 22 year old but is still growing while Gallagher is a finished package so that is at least debatable and not ridiculous. It would be ridiculous to say that DeBrusk and Gallagher are not on the same general tier.

They're not though. He scored at a similar pace but missed games and is far off that pace this year, while Gallagher has done it for much longer, and didn't play with a playmaker like Krejci, nor shoot an unsustainable 17%. Gallagher is also the primary play driver on his line with much better possession metrics and drags everyone up with him. They are similar types of players which is actually why it's obvious Gallagher is clearly the better player.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsMD97

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
He would be given a shot on the top line in Toronto, if not, the Tavares line. He would be the #1LW, but #3 overall.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
2nd on the Leafs behind Marner.

There’s an argument for Nylander as he’s shown to be a better producer, but Gallagher is bringing more to the ice right now, no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad