Where will (PLD) Pierre Luc Dubois be traded to?

Where will (PLD) Pierre Luc Dubois be traded to?

• NYI

• DET

• VGK

• LA

• WPG

• SJ

• BOS

• MTL

• CGY

• DAL

• CAR

• CHI

• MIN

• OTT

• AZ

• ANA

• NJ

• Other (please list team)

• Stays in CLB

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
What would a Chicago trade look like?

Doesn’t make sense (at least from this Chicago fan).

Dach is out for a long time with his wrist folded like an accordion at World Juniors. Probably not worth it for a Chicago team that came out and openly said they are rebuilding (BEFORE losing Toews to illness). Should just keep the younger cost-controlled C. With Dach and Toews out and no clear NHL level starting goalie, we aren’t competing. Upgrading to PLD from Dach on a team that’s not going to win games seems backward.

Strome is a top 6 C, but truly plays differently without Debrincat. They have that playing together in Juniors chemistry that’s too real.

I think Strome + Debrincat is a lot to give up, but is probably the closest base.

Reactions: Fro

Twain

Jul 1, 2019
It probably ends up being something out of the blue, but I’d guess he will stay with Columbus until summer. The trade is just much easier to pull off in the summer with the cap and everything. As for destinations.

Montreal - It’s just difficult to see Bergevin staying out of such rare opportunity and therefore he might put together the best package.

Los Angeles - Well they have a lot of good center prospects and by next season they are at least a tiny bit more ready to step in Dubois’ skates. So if there’s someone CBJ really likes and Kings are willing to depart with him, it could make some sense. CBJ would love to ship Dubois to west and Kings could significantly speed up their rebuild with him.

But yeah, it could be anyone really. One would think they want to keep him out of Metro unless the offer is by far the best. Therefore someone like Rangers seems unlikely. But who knows.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Doesn’t make sense (at least from this Chicago fan).

Dach is out for a long time with his wrist folded like an accordion at World Juniors. Probably not worth it for a Chicago team that came out and openly said they are rebuilding (BEFORE losing Toews to illness). Should just keep the younger cost-controlled C. With Dach and Toews out and no clear NHL level starting goalie, we aren’t competing. Upgrading to PLD from Dach on a team that’s not going to win games seems backward.

Strome is a top 6 C, but truly plays differently without Debrincat. They have that playing together in Juniors chemistry that’s too real.

I think Strome + Debrincat is a lot to give up, but is probably the closest base.

PLD is 22, he fits the age range of a rebuild. Dach is almost untouchable, commit to the rebuild and shed one of the 4 cup winning veterans with retention + a sweetener like Debrincat.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
PLD is 22, he fits the age range of a rebuild. Dach is almost untouchable, commit to the rebuild and shed one of the 4 cup winning veterans with retention + a sweetener like Debrincat.

Columbus are competitive now. As valuable as someone like Kane would still be, that’s not what they need. They need a Dach or Strome (Toews obviously isn’t an option).

I agree Dach for PLD doesn’t make sense for a lot of reasons, but moving one of those cup vets isn’t easy since they got paiddddd for those cup wins and is even more difficult when it’s not necessarily what CBJ need.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Montreal isn’t moving Suzuki. Period. The most Columbus will get from Montreal is Kotkaniemi + (the + obviously not including Romanov). I doubt a trade to Montreal works out involving Dubois, as Columbus could likely get more elsewhere.
Then KK and Romanov have the rest of the shorten season to make them worth trading PLD for. Because they aint their yet.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What is Columbus adding to land Larkin or Barzal?
I thought that was obvious from the subject of the thread. We're adding PLD. If those teams want to acquire him, then, well, that's kind of the sort of thing that's needed.

* * *​
Wild definitely have the assets.
It's not about adding up to some sort of "level of quality", it's about having the right kind of pieces to negotiate with. When your #1C is Nick Bonino, the "someone who can play now" requirement is clearly lacking.

ReginaHabs

Jan 7, 2021
I don't see it being Montreal during the season. If it can wait until the offseason it might make sense, but otherwise I'm betting he'll go elsewhere.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Then KK and Romanov have the rest of the shorten season to make them worth trading PLD for. Because they aint their yet.
*There

I never said Columbus would be interested in a package centred around KK, in fact I said the opposite of that.
As for Romanov, I said he would not be included as he’s viewed as the future of the blue line in Montreal.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I went LA, MTL and CGY

LA doesn't make sense to me because I'd assume they would want to develop their own guys and do a proper rebuild. But if they want to speed up their rebuild to a sudden retool, I guess it makes sense.

Calgary wouldn't mind upgrading their top line C, but depending on the adds required, it wouldn't fly as Calgary would want to maintain depth for cup contention.

Montreal is in the same boat as Calgary. Depends on the adds.

VGK I'll toss back in. I don't think VGK would look into acquiring PLD as a pure roster upgrade. They'd consider acquiring him in a short term down grade for longer term cap structure improvements though. Like a one step back so that they can take two steps forward sort of thing. Maybe even sell the farm sort of thing.

Seattle. This one would be kinda weird, but if CBJ trades PLD for pure futures for extremely favorable expansion draft selection, this could turn out to be absolutely huge for CBJ. Seattle will potentially have access to higher end skill in the expansion draft than VGK IMO. They, like VGK, will have too many roster players and can do a really damn nice quantity for quality package for someone like PLD.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Montreal in the off-season. Habs are tight up against the cap. I can’t see how they pull the trade off this season. After this year only Lehkonen and Mete are RFAs, Petry goes up 750k and Gallagher goes up 2.75 million. Allens contract drops by 1.475 million. Tatar 4.8, Danault 3.083 and Armia 2.6 are UFAs. Plus whoever is selected in the expansion draft.

Their will be much more salary flexibility heading in to next year.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
LA doesn't make sense to me because I'd assume they would want to develop their own guys and do a proper rebuild. But if they want to speed up their rebuild to a sudden retool, I guess it makes sense.

Calgary wouldn't mind upgrading their top line C, but depending on the adds required, it wouldn't fly as Calgary would want to maintain depth for cup contention.

Montreal is in the same boat as Calgary. Depends on the adds.

VGK I'll toss back in. I don't think VGK would look into acquiring PLD as a pure roster upgrade. They'd consider acquiring him in a short term down grade for longer term cap structure improvements though. Like a one step back so that they can take two steps forward sort of thing. Maybe even sell the farm sort of thing.

Seattle. This one would be kinda weird, but if CBJ trades PLD for pure futures for extremely favorable expansion draft selection, this could turn out to be absolutely huge for CBJ. Seattle will potentially have access to higher end skill in the expansion draft than VGK IMO. They, like VGK, will have too many roster players and can do a really damn nice quantity for quality package for someone like PLD.

LA could offer Turcotte, Kupari and a top five protected first and not really hinder their rebuild
Calgary - Monahan would make a great 2nd line center but to get Dubois I think they would do him, Hanifan +
Montreal - I put as having the French center would be a good story and I could see it. I assume Montreal would want to keep Suzuki and I am not sure the package it would take without him. Of the three I selected I have the most trouble seeing this as the fit, but Montreal sure seems rumored as a possible destination.

Vegas is in on everyone and top line center is a whole. May make more sense than I initially thought

Reactions: Fig

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Montreal isn’t moving Suzuki. Period. The most Columbus will get from Montreal is Kotkaniemi + (the + obviously not including Romanov). I doubt a trade to Montreal works out involving Dubois, as Columbus could likely get more elsewhere.
Totally agree.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
24/yo, Michigan-born center who has twice outscored PLD's career high?

Think again.

Wow. Hard to believe someone thinks it’s only about points. Pretty sure every GM will take the guy with the more complete 200’ game and that’s not Larkin.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Would be a tough trade to make happen, but I guess from an ideal rebuild standpoint offloading one of Keith/Seabrook and retaining would be a good start, maybe Debrincat if necessary as a sweetener.

Not necessarily relative but holding onto Kane when he still likely has great value across the league seems like a mistake, could really fast forward a rebuild if you manage to trade off that $$ asset.
Probably start by retaining Keith/Seabrook, then start with Dach and keep going. I don't see any way Chicago would be involved here. they need to re-build. period.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Wow. Hard to believe someone thinks it’s only about points. Pretty sure every GM will take the guy with the more complete 200’ game and that’s not Larkin.

That's Captain Larkin to you, sir! (or Madame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad