Where will (PLD) Pierre Luc Dubois be traded to?

Where will (PLD) Pierre Luc Dubois be traded to?

• NYI

• DET

• VGK

• LA

• WPG

• SJ

• BOS

• MTL

• CGY

• DAL

• CAR

• CHI

• MIN

• OTT

• AZ

• ANA

• NJ

• Other (please list team)

• Stays in CLB

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The jackets will likely only trade Dubois to a team that can give them back a young nhl center with high potential (since they wont be able to get back a proven young top line center)

The teams I can see giving that up are

Carolina (Necas)
Habs (Kotkaniemi)
Vegas (Glass)
LA (Vilardi)

I cant see players like Hughes, suzuki, larkin, etc. being available.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The jackets will likely only trade Dubois to a team that can give them back a young nhl center with high potential

The teams I can see giving that up are

Carolina (Necas)
Habs (Kotkaniemi)
Vegas (Glass)
La (Vilardi/Byfield)

I cant see players like Hughes, suzuki, larkin, etc. being available.

Yea, I think some Columbus fans are being a little overzealous. If a player requests a trade, he's not going to get back a similar value player unless that team is also looking to move on from that player. The post saying Larkin would require a plus for instance just isn't realistic. Dubois is less proven and his potential isn't really much greater if at all. If he actually was a young Getzlaf type player like he's made out to be, then sure, but he's not. I get the feeling he's staying put though unless he really starts making things tough on the team.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Montreal seems most probable. Mutual interest and they have the pieces. Haggling over price is the decider.

NYR makes a ton of sense, young team, not many holes but 2C is one of them, has the pieces but is a division rival.

Ottawa makes sense and has the pieces. Not sure PLD would be happy, not sure Ottawa feels the need to make changes right now.

Colorado is my dark horse. Don’t think it’ll happen, but they hypothetically have the pieces and would become a deadly force.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
No deal from the Habs. That’s all I care about. Don’t see a way to make it and I’m not really interested in parting with anything significant to get him. A 22 year old player who has show signs of becoming a star, but not quite there yet demanding a trade just doesn’t appeal to me. If the kid was this was of this great character he wouldn’t be demanding a trade because he doesn’t see eye to eye with his coach.

Hard pass for me. Let Columbus deal with that headache.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Seems odd not to list the Rangers. They can afford basically anyone, and a young top-6 center is the one glaring hole in their rebuild.

What would the Isles trade for Dubois?

Reactions: CasusBelli

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Wow. Hard to believe someone thinks it’s only about points. Pretty sure every GM will take the guy with the more complete 200’ game and that’s not Larkin.
Larkin isn’t defensively irresponsible. Detroit isn’t a great team so it’s hard to really gauge his actual value. As a fan of another team I’d value them similarly. PLD has the size and a bit more of a nasty streak but Larkin still plays a complete game and has an offensive edge.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Some team is going to overpay for this guy and will regret it. I think he's a good player but he's a somewhat limited offensive ceiling.

I think Vegas makes the most sense. Could flip Glass and some other pieces.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Wow. Hard to believe someone thinks it’s only about points. Pretty sure every GM will take the guy with the more complete 200’ game and that’s not Larkin.

Dubois isn't any more complete than Larkin. Larkin's a really solid all around player. Dubois seems to be getting the "size=better than their numbers" narrative we used to see in the late 90s and 2000s. He's good for his age but isn't anything special defensively for a top line player.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
After coming close on some other high-profile names, I think Treliving bites the bullet and gets this done

Last edited:

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Anyone care to list the results? I'm not going to vote on this but still interested in seeing what the poll says but there is no 'see results' option. [which seems odd in this odd poll]

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Anyone care to list the results? I'm not going to vote on this but still interested in seeing what the poll says but there is no 'see results' option. [which seems odd in this odd poll]
They're not visible without at least 1 vote. Reason being, looking at voting results prior to voting, can & does skew the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad