Where will Dubois play next year?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Dubois already had that kind of offensive year and then some.

He had a very good statistical year but did little to earn any mainstream hype.

See, my joke is that the CBJ should do whatever gets him the most hype on this board so we can proudly gloat about getting him 3rd rather than Puljujarvi...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jackets apparently have/will sign Sam Gagner to an NHL deal. So that's one more player that will be in Columbus that will be in the top 12.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I remember the day when the Blue Jackets gave Rusty Klesla 8 games in the NHL then sent him back to Brampton after being drafted #4 overall. All us fans wanted our shiny new toy. Often times that feeling pervades many fan bases - not just Columbus. Too often, for the first 10 years, prospects were rushed. I, for one, would just as soon see PLD get a few games in Columbus, then head back to Cape Breton, and further learn the skills and intricacies of playing center.

After reading much about this young man, I'm fine with taking more time. Call me naive, but I believe Jarmo when he says "the player will tell us when he is ready for the NHL....by his play". If PLD comes to camp and smokes everybody on the team as a center and smokes all his opponents in pre-season and does the same in his 8-9 game trial, then great.....keep him.

But the usual course is that he needs a bit more time back in junior, especially to learn well how to play the center position. I don't think that will kill him, kill the franchise, or kill us fans.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dubois sits games 2-3 in the world junior summer showcase. Is he hurt or just playing bad?

Considering how the rest of the team is playing, he'd have to be really REALLY bad to be forced to sit out because of that. I doubt that's it.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Considering how the rest of the team is playing, he'd have to be really REALLY bad to be forced to sit out because of that. I doubt that's it.

Could be; but I don't like comments that say he is invisible. That will get you tacked to the bench quickly.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Could be; but I don't like comments that say he is invisible. That will get you tacked to the bench quickly.

It was one game. Also, did you watch any of their games? Their entire team was invisible. I can't imagine their coach keeps his job.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It was one game. Also, did you watch any of their games? Their entire team was invisible. I can't imagine their coach keeps his job.

He also played with Roy and Kolesar, fine bottom 6ers but not who Dubois should be playing with. The team sucked top to bottom minus a couple guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad