Where will Dubois play next year?

Kington91

Apr 30, 2012
Grandview Heights
Interested in everyone's opinion on where PLD will play next season. I have read a lot of various opinions on him playing in juniors, playing 9 games then juniors, or playing full season with the Union Blue.

NOTE: This isn't a poll of what you WANT to have happen with PLD, but what you think will actually transpire.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Really hard to say without seeing him in training camp, but I'm guessing he gets a taste of the NHL before being sent down.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I expect him to play the full season with Columbus. I think he is ready physically and can learn a lot more playing in the NHL. I wish he could play in the AHL, because that is where he really should be.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I voted full season in the Q. Just because that is the opposite of what I want to happen. Let this be a growing year for the team. If he shows in camp that he can hang, let him play 3rd line with Hartsy and Fligs.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think he's gonna shock a lot of people around the league and have an extremely solid season in the 3rd line occasionally moving up for injuries.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I see him as a coachable, complete player. NHL ready.

My concern is that he still has a lot of developing to do in his offensive game and he should be playing in a league where he can have confidence in his scoring (preferably > .5ppg). I could see him turning into a defense-first Couturier-type if he gets relied on too early (and we should hope for more than that). And for the teams sake they need a #3C who can score at least 30 pts. That might be an issue with Karlsson too. If Dubois shows some scoring touch my guess is he stays.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Playing in the NHL and being released for the WJC tournament would be another option. At least then he gets to play some games in an important first line type of role (hopefully).

At this point, I think it's best he goes back to the Q to develop as a center. If this was top, perennial playoff team, there would be no question he would be headed back to juniors.

If Dubois impresses in the pre-season, there may be pressure to keep him. The problem is the pre-season isn't the regular season, and Jackets prospects always seem far better than they will be playing against less competition. Then reality sets in about 15 games into the season that the rookie isn't ready.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Playing in the NHL and being released for the WJC tournament would be another option. At least then he gets to play some games in an important first line type of role (hopefully).

At this point, I think it's best he goes back to the Q to develop as a center. If this was top, perennial playoff team, there would be no question he would be headed back to juniors.

If Dubois impresses in the pre-season, there may be pressure to keep him. The problem is the pre-season isn't the regular season, and Jackets prospects always seem far better than they will be playing against less competition. Then reality sets in about 15 games into the season that the rookie isn't ready.

I see it as just the opposite. Some of the best teams, like Chicago, have serious lineup holes and need guys to help right now. Dubois is probably a decent help right now (though definitely not an impact player (and neither would Puljujarvi be)).

It's for his development that we probably send him down. The Jackets should be more concerned about long-term development that than your average win-now team.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I see it as just the opposite. Some of the best teams, like Chicago, have serious lineup holes and need guys to help right now. Dubois is probably a decent help right now (though definitely not an impact player (and neither would Puljujarvi be)).

It's for his development that we probably send him down. The Jackets should be more concerned about long-term development that than your average win-now team.

Which is why I think he should be in the NHL (since the AHL isn't an option). I think he will learn more playing with guys like Hartnell and Foligno.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If he does play full time in the NHL, he would be the first fresh #3OA to do it since, I think, Duchene 7 years ago.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I voted full season with Columbus. Mainly going off of what Jarmo said (didn't Jarmo say he thought the kid could step right in?), and also because Cleveland's not an option.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Went with Q + 9 tough I won't be surprised if it's Q. Have seen some projecting him centering the second line, but to me that's like the Dusty Springfield song (Wishing and Hoping)....

EspenK - your opening for an old guy comment. :laugh::laugh:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Went with Q + 9 tough I won't be surprised if it's Q. Have seen some projecting him centering the second line, but to me that's like the Dusty Springfield song (Wishing and Hoping)....

EspenK - your opening for an old guy comment. :laugh::laugh:

Who has said second line?

osurh18

Sep 22, 2008
Draisaitl.

Nope. He spent half a season with the Oilers and then was sent back to juniors.

Dubois should be spending next season (outside of a possible 9 NHL games and World Jr Tournament) in the Q. He's new to the Center position. Let him develop. There is no need to rush him. With that said, I do think he will get 9 games to get his feet wet.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA

That could be now that so many teams are up against the salary cap. But historically teams like that preferred prospects be as Detroit calls it "overripe".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad