Speculation: Where does Tyson Barrie end up

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
I don't see Barrie taking anything less than a 4 year deal less than 6m per season with his offensive talent. He didn't fit well with what the Leafs needed and the Avs don't have room for another offensive D man. Any thoughts on where he could end up?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
it'd be cheaper just to move a soft skilled winger to D , it wouldn't be any different than signing Barrie

this guy has no idea how to play defense , i knew he was considered weak defensively before we traded for him but watching him game after game i was shocked how bad he is defensively

if anyone gives him anything close to 6m per there insane

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Vancouver lets Tanev and Markstrom walk, signs Barrie

Tanev to TO 4.5x3

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Quinn Hughes went to management to ask for them to sign Tanev, looking quite likely he remains a Vancouver Canucks.
Anyone giving Barrie a 4 yr 24 million dollar contract would need to get their head read .

sorry that wasn’t meant as a reply to this post

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Toronto on a 1-2 year deal. Dubas was critical on how he was on-boarded in his season end conference. If he gets similar offers elsewhere, I feel he'll want to bet on himself and may take even a one year deal to rebuild his value. He's way better than he showed this year and maybe a full year with Keefe changes things for the better for him.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
If a team has a strong defensive partner for Barrie he could work on a 2nd pairing and QB a PP.
I doubt he gets much term but on a short deal i could see him cashing in.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I would take him on the Canucks short term if the cap hit was reasonable. If we keep Tanev then no chance on Barrie unless he signs for stecher $

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad