Where does the JT Miller trade rank in Canucks history?

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
all time worst canucks trades?

barry pederson for neely, the glen wesley pick, lucic and horton (of course)

adrian aucoin for cloutier

kesler for a 26 yr old center, anaheim’s lower first round pick, and their sixth best young dman

bob dailey for larry “not” goodenough and jack mcilharghey

kassian and a pick for prust

whi?

Rick Vaive and Bill Derlago for Tiger Williams and Jerry Butler.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Tampa looks like the big losers now, trading Miller, Foote and their 1st for Coleman and Goodrow.
JT Miller is a great player, but Tampa had enough players of his ilk. Blake Coleman is better suited in that 3rd line role with Anthony Cirelli eating up extremely tough minutes. Coleman is on an excellent 1.8 million dollar deal as well. Think of this guy as prime Burrows (without the Sedins)

Goodraw deal is kind of along the same lines, but the first is overkill.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa looks like the big losers now, trading Miller, Foote and their 1st for Coleman and Goodrow.
I feel like they identified the guys they really wanted and could fit into their cap past this year and just paid the hefty price. Similar to what Vegas does. Tampa needed some “jam” to go along with that skill.

the Goodrow trade still confuses me though. I would’ve just tried to get Wood along with Coleman in a package deal, I bet they would’ve made out better that way. But who knows if Wood was available.

Last edited:

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Not gonna say its a top 5 trade for us, but it doesn't have to be to be a great one.

Was extremely risky, and perhaps premature trade. It has worked out wonderfully thanks to JT Miller himself. He has grown as a player tremendously in the last year, and TB and Ranger fans and coaches comments confirm this.

I love the attitude and confidence that he brings to the team. He is afraid of no one or no team, and he can play any way you like. I can't wait to see how he does in the playoffs!

Reactions: NuxFan09

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don't think so...TB are going all in this year...Coleman solidifies their C position for a long run in the post season...Stamkos and Hedman are not getting any younger..This could be the year.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Rick Vaive and Bill Derlago for Tiger Williams and Jerry Butler.
That’s Jerry “The Shadow” Butler to you son.:naughty:

I still remember him mimicking every Dionne’s move on the ice. One shift, Butler forgot to jump over the ice when Dionne came on; Dionne yelled “aren’t you coming on the ice Jerry?”:laugh:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Tampa is a legit Cup contender, payed a steep price to add some good low salary grit probably to help matchup against Boston. Compared to the Canucks who have 1 pick in rounds 3-7 this draft, Tampa still has their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th, as well as PHI 3rd, DET 4th, and OTT 6th. That's 8 picks to our 5, with 5 picks in rounds 2-5 where they're exceptional at drafting.

Believe me I'm sure they're doing just fine over in Tampa.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Where does it rank among

• Linden for Bertuzzi
  • Bertuzzi for Luongo
  • Stojanov for Naslund
  • Compensatory (late) 2nd for Ehrhoff
  • Quinn and Butcher for Ronning, Courtnall and Momesso
  • Sundstrom for McLean and Gus Adams
  • a 5th for King Richard
EDIT: of course vadim sharifijanov beat me to most of them

Somewhere between this and

Neely for Pederson
Michael Grabner and 2010 first round pick for Keith Ballard
Martin Gelinas and Kirk McLean for Sean Burke, Enrico Ciccone, and Geoff Sanderson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad