Where does Montreal finish in the Atlantic?

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Hopefully we finish back in the Northeast because the Atlantic is a terrible name for our division.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Boston
Ottawa
Detroit
Toronto
Montreal
Tampa Bay
Florida
Buffalo

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I'm positive we will be ahead of Buffalo, Tampa, and Florida.

I'm pretty sure we will be behind Boston, but I thought that last year and we beat them, so I won't write off our chances completely.

Then there is the middle four in Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto. Detroit is IMO overrated because of recent success but they are aging and it just has that feeling that they are very beatable. Toronto overachieved last season. I don't care if people say we overachieved too (which they definitely are saying) but Toronto were a terrible team last year in terms of puck possession and they were insanely lucky with shooting percentage. I feel we beat them pretty easy if we play even close to potential. Ottawa is really hard to read because of their injuries last year and the loss of their long time captain. Craig Anderson has never put up the same numbers he did last year over a full season and I think if they are counting on him too they will be disappointed. Ryan is a nice addition but I don't like Turris as a 2C, especially when Spezza's back injury appears to be chronic (or maybe I am misremembering). I think we can beat them but we will stay close all year.

So TLDR 2-5.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The name of the game for the habs is the powerplay.
Habs might not be build for the playoff but i'm pretty sure they're build for the season.

Fast team attract lots of powerplay opp. (1st last year...by a long shot too)
And we have the players to create a monster powerplay units.

This is why we finished 1st in our division last year.
But with the parity in the league....Health might be the biggest Joker of the game.

Wouldn't be surprise to see the Habs in the top 3!!

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I wouldn't be suprise to see Toronto have a good season. They have a good team. They have a balance of size, skill, speed and team thoughness.
If Bernier is as good as some people think he is watch out. Personally i am a bit skeptic, but let's wait and see. Reimer is good but unconsistant.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
First or second behind Boston.

I believe our defense will be great and Price will have a good year. Our offensive will carry its end, too.

If we make the playoffs and I obviously think we will, I think we may just make it to the conference finale, at least.

dreamingofdrouin*

I know this will change throughout the season but right now im still in rebuild mode....i understand that we're in a process and I've accepted the fact that I have to limit my expectations...but once october rolls around it'll be 2-0 and we're winning the cup:laugh:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Honestly at this point I could see them finishing anywhere from first to worst. If Price brings his A game and they stay healthy then they can beat anyone. Average seasons from certain players and middle of the pack. Price lays an egg and injuries creep in then bottom of the pile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad