Speculation: Where does Chris Tanev land?

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Ummm, Tanev just had his best most productive seasons in 5+ years.. not sure what you're talking about..

His ruggedized style of play will slow him down sooner rather than later..
"Productive" as in 20 points you mean? Him playing the most games in 5 years, as well as being healthy, helps. Playing with Quinn Hughes will also help your number alittle, I'm sure. But he isn't there to generate offense anyways.
I think you missed the point of my post. He might've produced 20 points this year, but his defensive game had definitely took a step back.

Reactions: AustonMarner

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You sure about that there will be a lot of quality goalies available for example they could have Bishop and one of the Columbus goalies, or maybe Quick and Marazek

Demko isn't guaranteed to go

He’s young and cost controlled he’d for sure be claimed. Vancouver probably won’t have anything else really enticing available

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is tampering no longer a thing? Thought teams weren't allowed to approach players before a week before free agency starts?
His brother plays for Pittsburgh. Is it tampering for Chris to talk to his brother about their chances of player together?

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
His brother plays for Pittsburgh. Is it tampering for Chris to talk to his brother about their chances of player together?

No, just like it isn't tampering with Markstrom as he goes fishing with Elias Lindholm. However, if the Penguins are hinting at offering a long-term deal or some sense of money, then it is.

If the Penguins tell Brandon what they plan on offering Chris and he then tells his brother, then it's tampering.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No, just like it isn't tampering with Markstrom as he goes fishing with Elias Lindholm. However, if the Penguins are hinting at offering a long-term deal or some sense of money, then it is.

If the Penguins tell Brandon what they plan on offering Chris and he then tells his brother, then it's tampering.

It is, but you can't enforce it, how do you stop brothers from talking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad