Speculation: Where does Chris Tanev land?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So it sounds like Toffoli is probably staying in Vancouver, if that's the case Chris Tanev is likely hitting the market so that begs the questions where does he go?

I'd like to see him in Toronto but it sounds like they want Pietrangelo, if they don't get Pietrangelo I hope the Leafs do target Tanev.

I also wonder if the Jets will target him, or thr Blues if they do lose Pietrangelo?

I think there will be a big market for Tanev

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Unless Vancouver brings in a Carlo type in a trade, it's hard to imagine Benning lets him walk after how successful that pairing was this year.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Hughes and Tanev pairing was solid. Brought the best out in each other. So can only see him hitting the market if Canucks don’t clear any cap space or bring in a younger (higher ceiling) tanev type...

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Another Tanev to Toronto thread, has there ever been another player to team topic that has gotten so many threads over the years??

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
tanev will give the canucks time to clear cap for him, but not long enough that it would screw him over. its clear canucks are his first choice. he could wait 2 weeks into free agency easily, unless someones stupid and offers him 6mil

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sabres are going to hand out a big contract to get Tanev, so he can mentor Dahlin.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
A big contract despite the rumours they’re going to have an internal cap of around $70M?
Okay, if not Buffalo then Ottawa will give Tanev big money to mentor Chabot. :popcorn:
Dahlin deserves a partner like Tanev. So does Chabot.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
At this point it seems more likely that Markstrom walks and Tanev stays. I think Vancouver would like to find a younger, healthier version of Tanev but failing that I think they can come to an agreement.

Pretty sure that this Tanev 2.0 would be outside of Vancouvers price range tho.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Tanev contract is a tough one though.. with his injury riddled past it’d assume he would be more focused on term. However, I am sure money plays a part too. Probably somewhere in the $4.5-5M per.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Depends. If the Canucks can’t sign Markstrom then Tanev stays. If they come to an agreement with Markstrom then I think a lot of teams will be interested in him. An ideal partner for a young star D just like he was with Hughes this year.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Hopefully the Penguins dump Jack Johnson with Murray in a deal and we sign Tanev to something not silly.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Another Tanev to Toronto thread, has there ever been another player to team topic that has gotten so many threads over the years??
He mentioned two other teams and the title literally asks where people think he will land, which is opening it up to any opinion or direction. Stop being so sensitive.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Just because Toronto is mentioned, and they should be they NEED a RD, or 2 doesn't make it a Tanev to the Leafs thread, if it was I wouldn't have mentioned the Jets or Blues

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Has there ever been a more obvious fit than Tanev in Toronto? There have been lots of threads because, unless and until Kyle Lowry learns how to play ice hockey, Chris Tanev is exactly what the Leafs have needed (and haven't had) for the last five years.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Tanev will re sign in Vancouver. He wants to be there, Hughes wants him to be there. He is a great fit with that team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad