Where does Chara rank now among all-time Defensemen?

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Is he in the top 500 ever? He is ok, but not even worthy of discussion in terms of best ever.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
If I made a top 50 list.

He'd be in it. But I don't know enough about hockey to make an accurate top 50 ALLTIME list, and I'd be surprised to see more than a few dozens guys on here who really could make an accurate top 50 all time list.

RogerRoeper*

This was Chara's first solid playoff performance ever. The guy has previously been a dud come playoff time.

He's nowhere near one of the greats.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Wow not even remotely close. This championship run had very little to do with him and much more to do with thomas.

How many points did he have this playoffs?? Didn't Kaberle playing like 7 min a game have more? And I dont want to here how he shut the sedins down, they shut themselves down.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Wow not even remotely close. This championship run had very little to do with him and much more to do with thomas.

How many points did he have this playoffs?? Didn't Kaberle playing like 7 min a game have more? And I dont want to here how he shut the sedins down, they shut themselves down.

Absoultely not true. After Thomas, Chara and Marchand are the next two most important Bruins. Chara shut-down a lot of offensive threats on the way to the Cup.

Chara's place in history is not yet written, but he has the potential to be top-10.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Absoultely not true. After Thomas, Chara and Marchand are the next two most important Bruins. Chara shut-down a lot of offensive threats on the way to the Cup.

Chara's place in history is not yet written, but he has the potential to be top-10.

i don't fully agree with this list, but the point still remains the same. can you honestly say even if chara wins another 1 or 2 norris trophies, call him better then these 10 players (there are more that i believe should be on this list).

10- chris chelios
9- scott stevens
8- larry robinson
7- eddie shore
6- denis potvin
5- paul coffey
4- doug harvey
3- raymond bourque
2- bobby orr
1- nicklas lidstrom

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Only a blind idiot thinks that Chara hasnt had a major impact on the SC run. He is the main reason B's goalies are facing a lot of weak shots.

Chara is a top 5, maybe top 3 d-man of his generation. This makes him obviously a top50 defenseman all-time.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Where does Chara rank now among all-time Defensemen? Do you think he's one of the best ever or no?

These playoffs were the most I've seen Chara play. Obviuously he's got a big wingspan and covers a lot of ice, but his "speed" (or lack thereof) was exposed several times over 7 games.

I'm not even sure he's the best D on the Briuns.

One of the best D ever? not even close, not even in the discussion.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
i don't fully agree with this list, but the point still remains the same. can you honestly say even if chara wins another 1 or 2 norris trophies, call him better then these 10 players (there are more that i believe should be on this list).

10- chris chelios
9- scott stevens
8- larry robinson
7- eddie shore
6- denis potvin
5- paul coffey
4- doug harvey
3- raymond bourque
2- bobby orr
1- nicklas lidstrom

First, give me a break with Lidstrom over Orr! I'll take Bourque, Harvey, Shore and Robinson over Lidstrom, as well.

I believe Chara could be #8 or #9 on that list with a couple of more awards and another Cup. Paul Coffey shouldn't be on that list, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad