OT: Where do you think the Sharks will be in 3 years?

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Pretty much self explanatory. What do you think the Sharks will look like when they start the 2017-2018 season? I picked 3 years because that will be when JT and PM's contracts will be up (assuming they don't get traded).

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Roughly somewhere in the middle of the league. The larger core is not bad enough to be a bottom feeder, but they will struggle to make the playoffs. This projection is barring the acquisition of a franchise player through trade or the draft. Without further major changes, the age dropoff will but them at risk regards the playoffs in the third year. They should make the playoffs for the next two years.

Trading Marleau, JT or Pavs will not change this; it will likely accelerate it unless the return is a better player which is a very remote possibility.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
More efficient in every facet of the organization. :laugh: Crossing my fingers, doesn't seem some people improve mentally or strategically from past experiences time to evolve.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
On July 5, 2017, hopefully we'll be laughing about the pandemonium that surrounded the team on July 5, 2014.

Hopefully the Sharks will get teased mercilessly during 14-15 in the media and last year's playoff defeat fuels the Sharks all the way to the Cup (defeating the Bruins in 5). In 15-16, the Sharks still on a tear through the regular season and playoffs, but get destroyed in the SCF against the loaded Habs who sweep them. In 16-17, the Sharks, again hell bent on playoff revenge, take their 2nd Cup in 3 seasons in June of 2017 beating the Leafs in 6.

I hope.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
On July 5, 2017, hopefully we'll be laughing about the pandemonium that surrounded the team on July 5, 2014.

Hopefully the Sharks will get teased mercilessly during 14-15 in the media and last year's playoff defeat fuels the Sharks all the way to the Cup (defeating the Bruins in 5). In 15-16, the Sharks still on a tear through the regular season and playoffs, but get destroyed in the SCF against the loaded Habs who sweep them. In 16-17, the Sharks, again hell bent on playoff revenge, take their 2nd Cup in 3 seasons in June of 2017 beating the Leafs in 6.

I hope.

Nieto wins the Conn Smythe and Hertl wins the Hart that year too.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
In 3 years the fanbase will be tearing itself apart after watching Jumbo and Marleau win Conn Smythes for LA and Chicago back to back, while the Couture and Pavelski led Sharks never make it past round 1.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Fully restocked with good to great prospects. Jumbo, Marleau, Neemo, Pavelski gone.

Couture captain.

Maybe one PO appearance in the three years. So two top 15 maybe top 10 picks. Maybe more from trades of above players.

Worst case: we're the Flames and our prospects and picks turn to crap.

Best case: we get super lucky and end up the like the Hawks or Kings several years before their cups.

Honestly I think we're now at least 5 years away from seriously competing for a cup. But I'm eager to have the stench if this era be long gone.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
In 3 years the fanbase will be tearing itself apart after watching Jumbo and Marleau win Conn Smythes for LA and Chicago back to back, while the Couture and Pavelski led Sharks never make it past round 1.

Couture and Pavelski won't be considered chokers though cause everybody knows they just suck.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad