Speculation: Where do you think Elias Lindholm signs?

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Still think he’d be a good fit in Winnipeg as 2C, and would love for Chevy to work that out in the offseason… maybe a 1-2 year show me deal at 4-4.5 mil AAV, with performance bonuses attached.
Reality though is he probably goes to a US team… possibly Boston

Last edited:

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Still think he’d be a good fit in Winnipeg as 2C, and would love for Chevy to work that out in the offseason… maybe a 1-2 year show me deal at 4-4.5 mil AAV, with performance bonuses attached.
Even with his disappointing season I think he would get much much more than 4-4.5 AAV in a short deal. Probably closer to a 7 AAV if he signs a 1 or 2 year deal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lindholm is still going to get 6.5+ on a longer term deal. Worst case he's a 50ish point 2C that plays Selke defense. People suggesting sub-5m and comparing him to Klingberg are delusional. Klingberg was a 1 trick pony that was a liability when he wasn't producing.

I am thinking Columbus.
I had the same thought, the Metro is weak as f*** and if they added Lindholm and did something about their goaltending, they could easily be a playoff team IMO.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
lindholm is gonna sign somewhere that he gets decent wingers (detroit with debrincat/raymond, boston with pastrnak or colorado with nuke/lehk) and is gonna be 'the steal of the summer'

he hasn't been great in vancouver but he's centering garland and podkolzin. none of them can finish

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
If he still wants 8m+ then I could see him going to join Gaudreau in Columbus. Detroit and Buffalo could also be interested I'd think.

If he wants $5-6m, I could see Vancouver resigning him, or maybe he goes to Boston.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
lindholm is gonna sign somewhere that he gets decent wingers (detroit with debrincat/raymond, boston with pastrnak or colorado with nuke/lehk) and is gonna be 'the steal of the summer'

he hasn't been great in vancouver but he's centering garland and podkolzin. none of them can finish

I mostly agree, but Colorado just traded Byram for Mittlestadt, so I'd be surprised if they'd be in the mix for Lindholm.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
columbus needs a veteran center and has the winger that had the most success with lindholm, and vice versa

pending that, sounds like he was willing to talk extension with boston

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
If you look at the responses, its pretty clear there are lots of team that would love to sign him and think they're gonna sign him for a big discount. With the amount of bidders this should probably tell you that its not going to be a big discount. Might not be 9x8 or anything, but its not going to be cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad