Speculation: Where do you think Elias Lindholm signs?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Still think he’d be a good fit in Winnipeg as 2C, and would love for Chevy to work that out in the offseason… maybe a 1-2 year show me deal at 4-4.5 mil AAV, with performance bonuses attached.
Reality though is he probably goes to a US team… possibly Boston
He's still getting 6M plus with term. 4-4.5M is not a realistic number.

Reactions: dats81

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Columbus if he's taking term, Bruins short term if he's looking to rebound.

Still think he’d be a good fit in Winnipeg as 2C, and would love for Chevy to work that out in the offseason… maybe a 1-2 year show me deal at 4-4.5 mil AAV, with performance bonuses attached.
Reality though is he probably goes to a US team… possibly Boston
He's not eligible for bonuses. Only players that are have missed significant time due to injury or over 35 I believe.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
At minimum he'll be a 5 yr x 6 mil deal.

And if I were him i'd go with whoever offers him the max dollar, rather than betting on himself.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He's having a massively disappointing season and most GMs if not all might be cautious and only give him a 1 year prove it deal. Where do you think he signs?
Seems destined for Boston.

Where he probably reverts back to a PPG two way force somehow continuing Bostons seemingly never ending force

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I think the Leafs jump ahead of everyone and sign him at 7 years and 7.5 million. He will be the long term 2c going forward. The Leafs have marner or Nylander for him to play with and most of their best prospects are wingers. Pair that with a Tavares decline and the fit makes sense.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I think the Leafs jump ahead of everyone and sign him at 7 years and 7.5 million. He will be the long term 2c going forward. The Leafs have marner or Nylander for him to play with and most of their best prospects are wingers. Pair that with a Tavares decline and the fit makes sense.

And where exactly is this cap space coming from? Having 40+ million invested into 4 forwards is not enough, so I guess the solution is 50+ million invested into 5 forwards?

I think he's destined for the Bruins, where he's going to play with Pastrnak who has turned Zacha into essentially a 60 point player. He'll find form again on the Bruins

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He's having a massively disappointing season and most GMs if not all might be cautious and only give him a 1 year prove it deal. Where do you think he signs?

He's the top center on the market he's not getting a 1 year deal that's ridiculous unless he suffers a MAJOR injury

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
And where exactly is this cap space coming from? Having 40+ million invested into 4 forwards is not enough, so I guess the solution is 50+ million invested into 5 forwards?

I think he's destined for the Bruins, where he's going to play with Pastrnak who has turned Zacha into essentially a 60 point player. He'll find form again on the Bruins

They have 20+ million in cap space without trades, they could do it.

I think they use it on defense and goaltending but if they wanted to they absolutely could do it.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
They have 20+ million in cap space without trades, they could do it.

I think they use it on defense and goaltending but if they wanted to they absolutely could do it.

20+ million in cap space, but with Woll being the only goalie on the books, and Timmins/McCabe/Rielly being the only defense signed next season. It's just not possible.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
He's not getting more than $4-5 million on a multi year deal. He might get $6-7 million on a one year prove it deal where he can bounce back or have a chance at a Cup with a top team.

Maybe a little over 5 million (Like 5.5), but yeah not much more than that on a multi year deal. Think his situation ends up playing out similarly to ROR, with him getting a little more because he's 3 years younger than O'Reilly.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
20+ million in cap space, but with Woll being the only goalie on the books, and Timmins/McCabe/Rielly being the only defense signed next season. It's just not possible.

Like I said I think they use it on defense and goaltending, I expect them to be in on Tanev, Zadorov, Pesce, Montour, Parayko if he's truly on the the trade market, Maybe Conor Murphy.

I expect them to overhaul the defense and that's the right thing to do.

But to say it's just not possible simply Isn't true.

I don't want it because there are much bigger areas of concern but if they wanted to they absolutely could.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I guess he's not exactly in a situation where he can choose his location and price. I dunno maybe Detroit? They always seem to be active in UFA and they need a centre

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Bruins have been interested in him for like 3 years now and actively tried to trade for him with an extension in place on two separate occasions this season. Would be kinda shocked if we weren't very interested in him this summer, and coming to play with Pasta is a hell of a selling point for him as well.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Boston makes too much sense for me to think he goes anywhere else.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He's not getting more than $4-5 million on a multi year deal. He might get $6-7 million on a one year prove it deal where he can bounce back or have a chance at a Cup with a top team.
Wanna bet? I guarantee a long term deal is 6M+. There is no way he signs for 4-5M.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I mostly agree, but Colorado just traded Byram for Mittlestadt, so I'd be surprised if they'd be in the mix for Lindholm.

Getting Lindholm and then keeping Byram a young future top pairing Defensemen (top 10 in future who knows) is better than just Mittlestadt.

Jeeeeezzz this guy cost himself some coin

Newport Sports DOESNT gamble like this, so you know it was the player who turned it down.

Fully agreed the rumored offers should have been taken.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Lindholm is not a play driver. Unless he’s on a team that has a Gaudreau or Pastrnak on his wing, he will not be able to carry his own line.

Tocchet keeps using him as our 3C when literally every single Canucks fan has been screaming he should be putting him on the wing with Pettersson. He’s not going to be able to carry or elevate 2nd/3rd line wingers if he’s going to be used at center.

He’s terrific in faceoffs and he’s been solid defensively aside from a couple of games, but his compete level certainly raises eyebrows at times.

He’ll do well at center with elite wingers. Otherwise, he’s probably better suited as a winger himself. Definitely a buyer beware signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad