Where do you put the rage?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
So ridiculously dramatic. :shakehead

Look at the dead things era that arguably ended in Detroit 33 years ago. From 70-71 to 82-83 they made the playoffs exactly once. They were the laughing stock of the league back then.

Now they are seen as a model franchise.

These things are cyclical. If the Oilers make the playoffs the bandwagon will get pretty close to full right away. A cup win? All will be forgotten, by most people, of the sadness that marked the KLowe era. An era which symbolically ended with one golden ticket!

we shall see. no team has been this bad before, tho. some have been bad for a longer period, but no one has literally been in the bottom 3 (of a 30 team league) for 6-7 years. what happened here is a first. so, you can't say you 'know' what will happen. you can speculate, but you don't know.

I don't think they shake this without at least 2 cups and 10 years of dominance.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
Usually get excited in October, and enthusiasm wears down by late November. They gave an extra month this year to their credit.

It makes no sense to get angry at this point of the season. Like it or not, it's the greatest good to get a higher draft pick and regroup in the summer.

Simply find other things to do. Go to the gym more often, dine out at more restaurants, been to Jasper/Banff more frequently, and find more local events/festivals to attend (Ice on Whyte, Hawrlek Park Ice Castle, etc.), skiing, etc.

That's not to say I can totally distance myself from the team. Still read blogs daily, read HF regularly, and watch the odd game in the background.

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
I bottle it up. Stuff it way down there, keep cramming more in, with the cork barely containing the pressure. Until one day...

*POP*

I'm a Hawks fan.

I'm done watching games this year. If PC does not, or cannot make moves to FIX THE ****ING D coming into next year, then KLowe and the rest of the old boys can kiss my ass, I'm done.

A decade of complete failure. A decade.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Anger is such a wasteful emotion. I feel frustrated for a bit then realize the team does not really affect my life in any significant way and I am happy again.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
hs-lowe.jpg
150x200mact.jpg
Daryl-Katz-150x150.jpg

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Mine reverted to positive energy towards my guitar. Avoiding HF fairly often helps out as well. Watching game summaries and avoiding the Oilers also is a big one. I have enough **** going on that I'm finding I don't have enough time or energy to spend fretting over a professional sports team that can't get its **** together 10+ years now.......

Truth hurts.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Rage is one thing, but its just that its hard to fathom how nothing can change in so long. Its almost disbelief and not anger at this point. How is it even possible that an organization can be that incompetent for so long. You keep thinking it can only get better, and they continue to find new ways to find new lows.

The addition of a culture change and McDavid should have created some improvement mentally but it really hasn't. I don't care if RNH and Klefbom are both back in and there are no injuries - I don't believe it will change one bit.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Either Eakins made us all comfortably numb or just getting rid of him put everyone in a much better mood.

So much better without him no question. We were almost bottom of the league.
Now with the addition of Mcdavid and a decent goalie and I guess a vastly superior coach, we are, well, worse.

Numbness is the truth, no anger left. I feel like Schultz plays.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
This year, injuries.

Not once have we seen our whole team together.

I wonder what would have happened if we had a healthy team. I think we would have won or tied a lot of the one goal games.

I think it would have changed the need of who to trade as well. Right now I think Chia has to decide what he thinks this team will be like healthy and trade those who don't want to give 100 percent each night.

I know we need defencemen but do we really need a Weber or Suter or Gio? I'd just take someone who has a brain in his head at this point.

I don't really have rage like last season, just sadness on what could have been. Then I have a glass of wine or two.

Last edited:

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Update:

This team will have to deal with injuries and adversity (slumps, illness) next year as well.

All teams do.

I don't expect the playoffs next year either.

Reality:

Chia will need at least 3 years working on this mess before we see the post-season.

At least fans will have fresh paint fumes and sparkle in the new arena to help distract them from the product on the ice.

A collection of high skilled players with potential does not make a team.

Remember pre-salary cap? When the Rangers would scoop up all the best players to buy a Stanley. How'd that work out?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Update:

This team will have to deal with injuries and adversity (slumps, illness) next year as well.

All teams do.

I don't expect the playoffs next year either.

Reality:

Chia will need at least 3 years working on this mess before we see the post-season.

At least fans will have fresh paint fumes and sparkle in the new arena to help distract them from the product on the ice.

A collection of high skilled players with potential does not make a team.

Remember pre-salary cap? When the Rangers would scoop up all the best players to buy a Stanley. How'd that work out?

Well, they did win one in 1994. But the biggest problem is that there were a batch of other teams out there with near limitless pocketbooks too that competed against them every year. Detroit, Colorado, Philly and the Leafs all had huge payrolls, to name a few.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
With your support, we will find a cure for oilerism one day. We just need more funding. :nod:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I watched the worst team in the ohl beat Owen Sound last night.

They played with some good character and battle and scored 5 goals.

Maybe junior hockey is the answer.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
With your support, we will find a cure for oilerism one day. We just need more funding. :nod:

Please send your cheque, made out to Darryl D. Katz, c/o Edmonton Oilers, and you'll receive a tax receipt worth 15 %. Please don't let future generations suffer as we have had to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad