Where do you put the rage?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Into my big bag of apathy.

Too many people take it out on people on here through pointless debates or petty fights.

Originally Posted By*

I usually spend time with family or go to the gym.

i try to stay positive in any which way. As fans all we can do is hope the people in charge make the best decisions, no need to get worked up

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

:sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Video games are where I try to but even video games anger me sometimes.

Earlier this year I got extremely rageful and angry and it literally affected my health. I got massive headaches after games which is insane considering I'm watching a sport....and I'm 24 years old so u know the oilers are taking years off your life when.

tikkanen

Jan 1, 2016
red deer
Against the dying of the the light.

Good quote!:handclap:
Yes-too many players on this team go "gently into that good night".
Loved the teams of the mid to late 90s and all time fave was 90 and even 91 and of course 06.
Those guys had a lot of rage and brought it to the rink every night. If the players
don't bring that then it is hard to get too worked up about this perma suck. Where are the Buckys, Mansons, Munis, Beuks, Tikkanens, Jason smyths, Torres, Marchants and of course messier and andersons? When we do get a guy who cares a little too much we ship him out.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I like to watch things burn. I usually set the fire, wait til the trucks come, watch it burn, and then leave quietly.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I put a dollar in the rebuild jar every time the team does something embarrassing. Use the money to treat friends to a nice dinner once I've collected enough. This dinner has occurred after every single game for the past 6 years. Ok it's not dinner, it's beer. Ok so we basically drink the pain away.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
You just need to set the bar really low when it comes to this team.

There's almost no disappointment or rage where I've set mine.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
You just need to set the bar really low when it comes to this team.

There's almost no disappointment or rage where I've set mine.

Agreed

This team was a bottom 5 team entering into the season given the limited amount any GM could do in one offseason, and it's hard to feel much rage when they are right that range.

The only real disappointment is the injuries. They not only deprived the team/fans of Mcdavid for 3 months, but they also might have muddled the waters a bit when it comes to Chia's assessments of certain players.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Watch UFC, pretend the guy losing is Lowe/MacT/Howson/Katz/Jultz

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I have noticed that there aren't as many raged fans this year compared to previous years. I'm curious whether that has to do with new management, McDavid, all the injuries, or just plain old apathy.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Some games if the team plays decent enough I have interest, but now all I care about is mcdavid getting points :laugh:

I trust pc starts moving players at the deadline and in the offseason. Mainly because the current mux doesn't work and he is well aware if it.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Less time watching the Oilers has resulted in less rage in general.
Instead I cook a lot more. I joined a pool league. I watch A&E.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad