OT: "When you find yourself going through Hell... keep going"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I can see why you wouldn't quit your day job for photography! I won't even sneak-drink at work.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I can see why you wouldn't quit your day job for photography! I won't even sneak-drink at work.

Get a job in advertising. If you're not drinking, you're not working hard enough ;)

mad-men-drinking.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Speaking of candy....

Today's work hours at the tiny, quiet local cafe has witnessed a plethora of eye candy, both domestic and imported. It helps to be at the intersection in the middle of town, with no one else in the cafe nd a clear view of the traffic. Also doesn't hurt that the Italian and Russian expats here lately are simply stunning. Wow.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
sounds awesome. 4000 feet up might take some getting used to from altitude change though, eh? be careful with your exercise...
share some pics of the view for us flatlanders... ;)

Getting caught up and saw I missed this. Yeah, I will be working up to it a bit. Figure walking up and down the ridge into town will be a good way to get used to it -- down especially as it's maybe 600' down to town.

I sort of prefer it. Now knowing their name is good but generally I'd forget it within a few minutes.

Well I haven't posted much lately as I've been country hopping due to the unfortunate passing of a very good friend of mine. He's a retired Army Ranger who I first met in Bagram while we both were spending some time recuperating. Kept in touch after going our separate ways, he then had a horrific parachute accident when it cigar rolled on him, which resulted in a year or so in a wheelchair and mandatory retirement.

From there he ended up living in Honduras for a while before moving to the Philippines. We'd go diving whenever we met up, would chase women (though you don't really have to chase) and would laugh our arses off. He was a big old fat guy as the steroids blew him up so we'd have bets as to whether the girls could reach around him and have their fingers touch, if they could he'd buy them a drink and if not, they'd have to kiss him.

He lived life full throttle, always on the go 24/7 no matter what, or what pain he was in. A week or so ago he got in a motorcycle accident while roughing it around Palawan, came back to Angeles City to see doctors and get meds. Then 2 days later dropped dead at age 43.

So the last few days have been a big blur of celebrating life his way, I think I'll need a few more weeks of monastic life to get over the self-abuse I committed.

Condolences on your loss.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Hey, congrats on the pending nuptials.

Thanks!

As for the school thing, do those things even still exist?

http://www.forkunion.com/

Oh yes, they do.

He's of the mindset that he's too smart to go to school and deal with kids that pick on him.

Hopefully his meeting tomorrow morning with his mother and the truancy officer at school changes that mindset.

If he keeps doing what he's doing, he's going to miss 20 days+ of school this year and CPS will get called...

:help:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thanks!

http://www.forkunion.com/

Oh yes, they do.

He's of the mindset that he's too smart to go to school and deal with kids that pick on him.

Hopefully his meeting tomorrow morning with his mother and the truancy officer at school changes that mindset.

If he keeps doing what he's doing, he's going to miss 20 days+ of school this year and CPS will get called...

:help:

How old is he again? 12ish?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
12yo/7th grade

It's gotten to the point where his mother and her mother are completely fed up with him and at a loss for what to do next other than talking to the school and see if they have any ideas.

Just throwing this out there, but are you living in the same school district?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Just throwing this out there, but are you living in the same school district?

We've had conversations about that.

The tough part is that he won't spend any time with me and he would have to be here 50% of the time to move him.

Only option right now is try and get him moved due to bullying (and we wouldn't want him moved to my district, but the other one that borders his current district). But, for that to happen he has to go to school, report any bullying, and the school has to sit on it.

The problem so far has been his unwillingness to actual report stuff and then he complains that the school doesn't do anything.

He reported stuff once this year and the school made concrete changes to his schedule and moved his locker.

He seems to be living in this fantasy world where he can home school (no money or time for it) or some other route to get a diploma other than actually going to school and putting in work.

He's allergic to hard work right now and doesn't want to listen to anyone (Parents, karate master, hockey coach, parents, grandparents, etc.) that talk to him about the reality that hard work is needed for success.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Two wild and crazy pies

The latest in a series of "Saturday Night Live"-inspired batches, this flavor is named after the 1977 skit "Two Wild & Crazy Guys," starring Steve Martin and Dan Aykroyd. Ben & Jerry's describes this heavenly concoction as a combination of coconut cream pie ice cream, chocolate cream pie ice cream, and a scrumptious chocolate cookie swirl.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
******* office

Gorgeous and warm outside - freezing inside.
Frozen tundra outside - sauna inside.

Can't.dress.in.these.conditions!!!

And on a slightly unrelated note, sauna is a really fun word to say. Especially when pronounced the real, Finnish way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad