OT: "When you find yourself going through Hell... keep going"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I did get a shout out a few weeks ago from my friend Mike's morning '80's show on WBNY. He played The Specials "Ghost Town" for me. :D

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I was always surprised they never made a good pirate based RPG video game. I feel like it would be really cool. Start off as like some low level on a ship and can work your way up. Change ships/captains. Loot islands and pillage villages around the world.

Sort of the in the mold of the elder scrolls games... but just, with pirates :dunno:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Flor da Cana is a barrel-aged Nicaraguan rum that is pretty damn good. The 4-year is considered well-rum in most bars, the 7-year is premium. Both are really good.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I was always surprised they never made a good pirate based RPG video game. I feel like it would be really cool. Start off as like some low level on a ship and can work your way up. Change ships/captains. Loot islands and pillage villages around the world.

Sort of the in the mold of the elder scrolls games... but just, with pirates :dunno:

Sid Meier's "Pirates"? That was somewhat what you are describing....Assassins Creed: Black Flag also has that component to it if you ignore the story and just sink ships/build up your fleet.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Ah, Assassins Creed. I always meant to get into those games but never did. Now I don't really have that much time :(

I hear you...AC is the one series I do play and make time for. Otherwise my console is just a glorified Netflix player for my girlfriend.

I occasionally get some games of NHL and FIFA in with the guys....but nothing like the all nighters we used to do back in the day.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
hmmm...no ONG posts? I hope he didn't get his ass kicked into a hospital.
Or maybe he's still finishing his, umm, birthday celebration... ;)

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Robin Williams dead. Looks like suicide.

My wife just texted me about that. Guess it happened this morning but is just getting out there now.

He was one of my favorites. Just goes to prove that money and fame don't automatically equal happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad