OT: When will the pens get new uniforms?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
attachment.php

I dig the top row, especially the black and white ones.

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
I'm not a fan of the white shoulders, they should be black with a white outlining. I do like the design, though. Very simple.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I like the recent ones posted (but, not the tweak on the 90s jerseys - way too much yellow gold especially on the whites). Penguins are mostly black/white birds so I don't understand why some designers are using so much yellow. :)

The latest ones by Tweed is good but I like the bottom row but not the middle one. I think there should be no problem going to yellow gold. So what if Boston uses it? So, do the Steelers?

Also, it should not matter if the seats are vegas gold. Maybe someone should say there's such a thing as paint. :)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I like the recent ones posted (but, not the tweak on the 90s jerseys - way too much yellow gold especially on the whites). Penguins are mostly black/white birds so I don't understand why some designers are using so much yellow. :)

The latest ones by Tweed is good but I like the bottom row but not the middle one. I think there should be no problem going to yellow gold. So what if Boston uses it? So, do the Steelers?

Also, it should not matter if the seats are vegas gold. Maybe someone should say there's such a thing as paint. :)

Pittsburgh = the golden triangle, the point where the three rivers meet.

Since when can you paint cloth/vinyl material?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Looking at the revised Penguin and jersey color on the last page, mustard yellows must never EVER be allowed to happen. Learn from Nashville's fail.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
After retaining Bylsma and opting to keep the country club atmosphere, I believe the Penguins are going with this logo:

tumblr_ltysfohsIA1qervfb.jpg

OKCPensFan

Apr 3, 2013
http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/6/13/islanders-gm-talks-jerseys-logo.html

Not sure if anyone has posted this but Garth Snow confirmed that the Islanders, as well as all other teams participating in the Stadium Series, will have specially designed jerseys for the games.

I think we all could have assumed they would but this is the first time I have seen any type of confirmation about it.

I wish that the Kings would bring back the "Burger King" jersey and the Ducks bring back the "Wild Wing" jersey for an epic battle of worst third jerseys ever!

Seriously though, I would love to see the diagonal "Pittsburgh" jersey back, but since we are the road team I imagine it will be a white jersey. Maybe a white version of that would look good? As long as it isn't blue I will be fine with it... maybe...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
To the suggestion of bringing back the "robopigeon".

Not because of any supposed curse on the logo, because it is a classic 90's atrocity where every team had to "modernize" their logo and it is completely ugly. Reminds me of when the Flyers turned out this disaster. Ugly.
STK-NHL-PHF-A2002-01.jpg

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com

pretty much our jerseys before the edge template.

the only things I would change.. I would add the triangles at the bottom, like they were on the pre-edge jerseys, that way the whole jersey wen the arms are out create a triangle. I thought that was a very clever design.

I dont know why people are so bent out of shape over the vegas gold, dont get me wrong, I like the yellow jerseys just as much as the next guy, but the vegas gold isn't bad. I think people just like to hold on to nostalgia and dont like change. The vegas gold is more modern than the yellow.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
pretty much our jerseys before the edge template.

the only things I would change.. I would add the triangles at the bottom, like they were on the pre-edge jerseys, that way the whole jersey wen the arms are out create a triangle. I thought that was a very clever design.

I dont know why people are so bent out of shape over the vegas gold, dont get me wrong, I like the yellow jerseys just as much as the next guy, but the vegas gold isn't bad. I think people just like to hold on to nostalgia and dont like change. The vegas gold is more modern than the yellow.
Those are nice, too. Black collar on the whites, too. I also think the logo on the black jersey is better than the nickname diagonal.

I think the yellow gold is better than the vegas gold because it's more representative of the actual colours on a penguin, aren't they? Also, what's wrong with nostalgia? That jersey isn't changing it too much and it still looks sharp.

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
After seeing the pictures posted by someone who had a tour of the inside of Consol Energy, I will say this.....as much as I'd like to see the Pittsburgh Black and Gold return, it won't be anytime soon. Watching that video will make you realize how much they would need to change. It's not just the arena seats. It would be basically every part of the arena locker rooms, rec areas, etc. If you see a uniform change, it would be some version of the black and current gold in a new uniform template. I think a combo of the 91-92 jerseys with the current gold would be nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad