OT: When will the pens get new uniforms?

Nimos

May 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
The rumors you are referencing came from the Reebok distributors putting word out. The word was later detracted as the Penguins have stated they will play without a 3rd next year.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
The rumors you are referencing came from the Reebok distributors putting word out. The word was later detracted as the Penguins have stated they will play without a 3rd next year.

Where did you read this? first i have heard of this.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
That article mentions something interesting. The Pens are playing an outdoor game next year. You would think there would be a 3rd jersey for that game.

However, I think it would be fitting to wear similar jerseys to the 91-92 Stanley Cup teams, playing the Blackhawks in Chicago in a Winter Classic environment, it just makes sense.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007

R**** is the one who reported we won't ..so you can make up your own theory and it could be just as correct.

We won't be going away from black and vegas gold anytime sooon based on CECs seat colors.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
R**** is the one who reported we won't ..so you can make up your own theory and it could be just as correct.

We won't be going away from black and vegas gold anytime sooon based on CECs seat colors.

I think they will be our colors for the future because we can't go back to black and gold (yellow) because of the Bruins.

I do think if the Pens wanted to change their colors, they could replace the Vegas Gold seats with a new color.

However, I like our current uniforms and think we should keep them the way they are.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I was of the assumption the curse blue had been dropped and we were getting a new one?

Raingarden

Apr 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I wish we could go back to a brighter gold color.

Bring back the flying pidgeon! I actually love that logo.

Maybe bring back the word "Pittburgh" across the front diagonally again.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Glad someone posted this; was wondering what the uni situation was / if we were going to get all new ones like Dallas and Carolina or just a new 3rd. Or whether other teams would too.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
http://www.pensburgh.com/2013/1/17/3886814/pittsburgh-penguins-new-blue-jersey-2013

NEWPITALANWALDRON_crop_650x440.png

Any of those would be cool.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Nothing new next year, but I'll be surprised if we don't wind up sporting a different jersey for the game at Soldier Field next year.

I expect a new alternate in 2014-15...and it'll almost certainly be the expected alternate jersey for next year that will be used for the outdoor game.

I wouldn't expect new home/road jerseys for a while, unfortunately.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Nothing new next year, but I'll be surprised if we don't wind up sporting a different jersey for the game at Soldier Field next year.

Yepp

IceEthics said:
Snow confirmed that all teams participating in next winter's Stadium Series, including the Islanders, will all have specially designed jerseys for their outdoor games.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I wish we could go back to a brighter gold color.

Bring back the flying pidgeon! I actually love that logo.

Maybe bring back the word "Pittburgh" across the front diagonally again.

I would like this for a 3rd jersey.

PittsbughPenguins94-95F.png

Make it the same as that one, only replace the Gold with Vegas Gold, and replace the Penguins shoulder patches with our current crest.

Keep our current pants design, and make the socks similar to the ones in 1995 with the 1 white stripe between the 2 gold stripes, only make them gold stripes Vegas gold, obviously.

Visualize that, it would be an awesome 3rd uniform. Can someone make that?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Oh yeah, my jersey idea:

Penguins21.png

Perfection. It won't happen since I don't see Mario going back to the old color scheme, unfortunately, but they'd still look beautiful with the vegas gold.

I am hoping that the jerseys worn next year will be a visual re-match of the 1992 Cup Finals...but that doesn't involve Chicago wearing a new jersey.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Some Concepts I just came up with

Screenshot2013-06-14at33447PM_zpsd4db7ff8.png

Screenshot2013-06-14at33455PM_zpsc4dbb10d.png

Screenshot2013-06-14at33511PM_zpsfe1ccdef.png

Screenshot2013-06-14at33523PM_zpsec794947.png

Would love any one of them besides the last. Although would have to see a real one...could be nice

It's funny fans could make much better concepts than the actual people these teams hire to design them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad