OT: When will the pens get new uniforms?

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
0408-garypunzak-pit.png

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I would just completely copy the early 90's jerseys.

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
I think the logo's nice.

They're basically the old 1980-1992 jerseys, but modernized. I know people like the current logo, but this is basically that, but touched up a little. Especially the beak.

The design of the jerseys themselves are similar to that of the Quebec Remparts, who's jerseys I'm a big fan of. It's similar to the old design, but the sleeves are shortened, that's basically it. It's a modernized version of the jersey everyone seems to love.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think the logo's nice.

They're basically the old 1980-1992 jerseys, but modernized. I know people like the current logo, but this is basically that, but touched up a little. Especially the beak.

The design of the jerseys themselves are similar to that of the Quebec Remparts, who's jerseys I'm a big fan of. It's similar to the old design, but the sleeves are shortened, that's basically it. It's a modernized version of the jersey everyone seems to love.

touched up

fresco120822_630.jpeg

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
I like them, I think the logo is the best part. I think just taking the old 1980-1992 jerseys and putting that exact jersey out is lazy. It's a nice jersey, but be a little creative and modernize it a bit.

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
That current logo could use some touching up. I really don't see the big deal.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That current logo could use some touching up. I really don't see the big deal.

because it makes it look worse. its a skating penguin playing hockey. its going to look silly. it does look silly. but at least its classic. Updating it isn't going to make it look less silly. That version even seems to try to make it look intimidating. Let me repeat this, its a Penguin playing hockey. Its not intimidating. It can't be done.

This one just looks weird. Whats up with the shimmer of white on the otherwise featureless beak? What's up with the ridiculous shape between the white and black at the neck/shoulder? Its not just an unnecessary touch-up, its a bad touch-up.

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
I never said I want it to look intimidating, I just think the old logo looks dated. The beak looks like it was a child's art school project and was pasted on at the last second.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I never said I want it to look intimidating, I just think the old logo looks dated. The beak looks like it was a child's art school project and was pasted on at the last second.

why does this logo have angry eyes? and this beak looks like they forgot that it was supposed to be a beak.

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
I'm not sure why they're trying to make it look tough either, it just looks more modern. If I had to choose between the current logo and the kawaii one, I'd pick the cute one.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure why they're trying to make it look tough either, it just looks more modern. If I had to choose between the current logo and the kawaii one, I'd pick the cute one.

the only thing modern is that it has a weirdly shaped collar line and less lines on its equally ridiculous looking beak.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Awful. Just awful. The thing on the chest is just ridiculous...it was an element that made a modicum of sense when the logo was in profile, but to transfer it to a logo that is being seen at a direct angle...what the ****?

That and the beak coloration makes it almost feel like it's upside down. It just has way too much of an anime feel to it.

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
The current logo in my opinion tries harder to look "intimidating". The beak looks fine, the chest is a bit odd, but it's suppose to represent this.

42821_penguin-family_ov6heons5l34jtainiivhu6ox7ncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x406.jpg

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Joe, messing with the logo is 100% not gonna happen. Nothing against it but what Ogrezilla said.

Change the color yellow/Vegas gold around, maybe give the golden triangle a nice shiny metal boarder, but the Penguin is a classic, and almost everyone will buy it a 100 years from now unchanged.

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
I'm not saying it's necessary, just saying it could use a little touching up.

Fire Shero*

People need to get over the 80's/early 90's jerseys. This is a different team, the pens are committed to the vegas gold unfortunately. The jerseys are bland and in need of a change. But why do fans always want to turn back the clock, why not have a nice modern jersey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad