HF Habs: When will the Habs have an elite forward?

How long ?

• Total voters

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
How many years do you predict until the Habs have an elite gamebreaking forward?

Edit: Due to lack of clarity of the word elite, let's say top 10 in the league in that particular position.

Last edited:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I don’t know. To have this kind of elite forward, you need to draft high. Top 3. What I know is, its not because you have elite forward than success will coming. Im taking montreal anyday before edmonton even if they have mcdavid.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Suzuki and Kotka aint it imo. They'll be good hopefully, but not elite.

Caulfield in the most optimistic of scenarios? Sure, maybe. But probably not.

Voted 5+ years.

Reactions: dkd and Gravity

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I voted 5+ years.

Nothing in the system and the Habs are built right now to middle of the pack to top 10 in the league over tje next 3-4 years in my opinion, so no high end draft picks for us in the near future.

If Habs crap the bed after the current core is washed up (Gally, Price, Weber, Toffoli, Drouin, Petry, Anderson) then we get lucky for once and finish top 3 in a DEEP draft with a sure fire prospect, then that's when we might end up with an elite forward.

But with Suzuki, KK, Caufield, Romanov, Struble, Norlinder and possibly Mysak... I don't see us being a bottom dweller for a while now. But you never know.

At this point, we would have a better chance of trading for anelite forward then drafting one.

Reactions: Gravity

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
As pathetic as this sound, I legit believe Ilya Kovalchuk was our last elite player and we won’t see a player remotely close to this talent for 5+ years.

Reactions: Gravity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad