When will Rich Tocchet be fired (or otherwise cease being our head coach)?

When will RT stop being our coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
It’s not to late to hose Tocchet and see whether Varady can get more out of these guys. They won’t do it, but there’s still value in it.

At this point I’d say it’s too late going by NHL standards. Not saying I don’t agree with you, but Tocc will most definitely be our coach for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: Jakey53

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It would be very easy to pump Rick's tires one last time and allow him to graciously step down to give Varady or even Housley an interim chance.

A tiny, tiny part of me hopes that's what they do if they lose the next two. Just sell what you can at the deadline and go into full on evaluation mode.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
New Craig article today is all about how Tocchet is an amazing coach and how everyone around the league agrees and there’s no case to be made that he’s not great.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Morgan just came out strongly supportive of Tocchet. While I don't see Tocchet as the "miracle worker" ascribed to by Morgan, I agree with him that the roster is so porous that it is impossible to evaluate Tocchet's performance negatively.

Reactions: kbay

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
New Craig article today is all about how Tocchet is an amazing coach and how everyone around the league agrees and there’s no case to be made that he’s not great.

Was watching the Rangers game on NBC and Boucher went out of his way to pump Tocchet's tires, insisting AZ 'needs to get a new contract done'

They're are definitely after Meruelo with all of this

Reactions: kbay

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Using the roster as an excuse for Tocchet is rich. He has had a say in how this thing was built up. So if it's a crappy roster, he's part of the issue with it.

Plus, yea... you turn players into crap and then complain your roster is crap. Good way to dodge responsibility. It's definitely easier when you lie about what you are doing with the players, too. "Oh, pulled Kuemper to spark the team. No injury ;)"

Here's a thought for you. Tocchet, the miracle man, played Stepan with crazy TOI last year. Stepan is traded to a rebuilding team with low expectations... and didn't get very much TOI before he was injured. Strange eh? If Tocchet is so damn good with his decisions, why wouldn't a different coach want to utilize the same strategy with one of his key players?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Reading that article you’d think Tocchet hasn’t made any mistakes over four years. Twice Injuring his MVP due to poor game management comes to mind. That’s his own fault.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I'd like to revise my previous prediction.

He'll get a 2 year extension because Coyotes. They'll announce it right before the season is over after the team is officially eliminated from the playoffs, just when we're all discussing who the next coach will be.

It'll be a 4 year extension.

Reactions: SniperHF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad