When Will Leblanc Get Another Chance?

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
If he doesnt make the team after the next training camp he will be dealt, all the staff that drafted him is gone( excpet for timmins)

Bust

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I don't get how he can't be a 4th liner tho?

He is a good forechecker, hits a lot, smart player so he can play the pk.

Someone said that this coaching staff likes tough 4th liners, but why is Amrstrong on the 4th line, he isn't small at 6', all he needs to put on some weight to be an even better forechecker.

Just because Armstrong sucks on the 4th line does not mean that we need another player who would suck on the 4th line to replace him.

Leblanc is not 4th line material on any NHL team. I understand the mindset of some here who were mesmerized with Gauthier/Martin turning that line into a halfway house for the ones deemed not fit to be on the top 3 lines.

Leblanc will have to play and earn a spot on one of the top lines. If he loves to hit, then he can work his way onto a 3rd line. 4th? No thanks.

Metropolitsky

Still 4x more cups
Jul 19, 2006
Not so long ago Pacioretty was also a bust on this board. I won't worry about Leblanc just yet

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Just because Armstrong sucks on the 4th line does not mean that we need another player who would suck on the 4th line to replace him.

Leblanc is not 4th line material on any NHL team. I understand the mindset of some here who were mesmerized with Gauthier/Martin turning that line into a halfway house for the ones deemed not fit to be on the top 3 lines.

Leblanc will have to play and earn a spot on one of the top lines. If he loves to hit, then he can work his way onto a 3rd line. 4th? No thanks.

Armstrong was brought in by MT and this current management team, and by the looks of it so far, with all the pk time he gets, they seem to be happy with him, and don't mind playing players like him on a 4th line.....

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Will Leblanc go the route of d'Agostini? If so, I hope the return is better than another Palushaj.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Ah yes, Montreal eating their own.

Player goes down with an injury, has trouble rebounding from it so now he's a complete bust and failure for the team.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
There will be plenty of room in Montreal's top six.

It might appear to be galchenyuk, plekanec, Cole, gionta, bourque, pacioretty...

But three of those are veterans who could decline or be traded at any point, and anybody can have a season ending injury.

Kristo, Collberg, Leblanc, Holland, Gallagher, Eller are on the outside looking in, but the door is wide open.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
When does everybody think he will get another chance in the nhl? Has he really been that bad in the AHL? What areas does he need to improve on to be a nhl player?

He will get more chances. But offense isn't there. Given he isn't physical, limited offense, they should mold into a speedy defensive guru. Overall I think he will be next Tom Pyatt

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He'll come back next year in tip top shape, bank it. Pacioretty even seemed to regress in his 2nd pro year. Looked weaker on the puck.

I think Dumont should replace Armstrong next year. No need to rush Leblanc which is a good thing. Still a possibility he could be overshadowed by Bournival or Kristo.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
«C’est difficile, a avoué Leblanc, qui a participé à 42 matchs avec le Canadien en 2011-2012. Le changement de direction a été frustrant pour moi. L’année dernière, je croyais avoir bien fait et j’avais hâte que la saison recommence.»

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/02/20/louis-leblanc-doit-prouver-quil-a-sa-place

Problem with that line of thinking Louie is that when you stink up the joint in the AHL until January, why would the outcome of your current situation be any different?

You didn't deserve to make it. Period.

I hope he works harder this offseason and builds his frame up a bit, still seems a little scrawny out there for his height.

Habtchum*

«C’est difficile, a avoué Leblanc, qui a participé à 42 matchs avec le Canadien en 2011-2012. Le changement de direction a été frustrant pour moi. L’année dernière, je croyais avoir bien fait et j’avais hâte que la saison recommence.»

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/02/20/louis-leblanc-doit-prouver-quil-a-sa-place

Of course, Bergevin and the new hockey management staff wanted to improve the team a.s.a.p. and they acquired two guys with NHL experience to play on the two bottom lines (Prust and Armstrong) that took Leblanc's spot. On top of that, two raw rookies - the Gallys - took two more spots.

Of course, there was also changes in Hamilton, and maybe the new coaching staff and leblanc are not at all on the same wavelength.

...and he was injured.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Ah yes, Montreal eating their own.

Player goes down with an injury, has trouble rebounding from it so now he's a complete bust and failure for the team.

Eating their own?

Just because a lot of people are seeing his lack of results and then stating the obvious that he will have to start performing and getting production in order to make it back to Montreal?

Happens in every city in every sports franchise, not just hockey.

Professional sports is all about performance today. Last season is irrelevant.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Eating their own?

Just because a lot of people are seeing his lack of results and then stating the obvious that he will have to start performing and getting production in order to make it back to Montreal?

Happens in every city in every sports franchise, not just hockey.

Professional sports is all about performance today. Last season is irrelevant.

History repeats, how soon some forget Hab fans booing Price in a preseason game, or the outrage when Pacioretty said he was better off in the AHL, etc.... Let's face it, Hab fans always overract around here, been going on for the entire time i've been here.

Wrote a little about it here,

http://www.habprospects.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=195

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
History repeats, how soon some forget Hab fans booing Price in a preseason game, or the outrage when Pacioretty said he was better off in the AHL, etc.... Let's face it, Hab fans always overract around here, been going on for the entire time i've been here.

word.

The only thing that matter with Leblanc is that he eventually starts playing well again...all this won't matter soon.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

What I posted was obviously simplistic.

Fans do not make the decisions when it comes to an athlete (thankfully). Those fans could boo all they want. However, Price's ability was still there as well as his attitude.

According to some, Leblanc is not quite there when compared to Price.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
There will be plenty of room in Montreal's top six.

It might appear to be galchenyuk, plekanec, Cole, gionta, bourque, pacioretty...

But three of those are veterans who could decline or be traded at any point, and anybody can have a season ending injury.

Kristo, Collberg, Leblanc, Holland, Gallagher, Eller are on the outside looking in, but the door is wide open.

Gionta and likely Cole will be long gone by the time Collberg will be a factor.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

They did it at a previous level though. Price was outstanding in WJC and AHL playoffs. LeBlanc was average in college, did not produced in the Q and Hamilton

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What I posted was obviously simplistic.

Fans do not make the decisions when it comes to an athlete (thankfully). Those fans could boo all they want. However, Price's ability was still there as well as his attitude.

According to some, Leblanc is not quite there when compared to Price.

I was just pointing out that maybe fans are once again overdoing it and let's face it, it's something thats happened over and over around here. That said I've been watching Leblanc in every league since he was in the USHL and I'm very concerned with what i've seen from him this season. Hopefully he gets back on track as it will only benefit us down the road, he still has time to rebound since this is his first real bump in the road just as every Hab 1st rounder not named Galchenyuk has gone through in the last decade +. The question will be if Leblanc ends up a bust like Chipchura/Fischer were for us, or if he rebounds ala Pacioretty/Price.

I predict the same thing is going to happen to Beaulieu in the future, he's going to have major growing pains imo, and will get eaten alive around here when they occur.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
People writing leblanc off way too early IMO...still very, very early stages of his development

and for once, I feel like the Habs are actually doing Leblanc a favor by leaving him in the AHL

I feel like he's been rushed at every level...let him play out this entire year in the AHL (barring injury callup of course) and play at least the first half of next year in the AHL as well.

He should be ready to make a spot his 2 years from now when some of the contracts are expiring

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site

Reading this article, I have a weird feeling LL came in with the 'made it' attitude and got some heat from management. And that there is no love lost between him and management. Wouldn't be surprised he doesn't stick next season.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Leblanc is our 3rd/2nd best prospect. The guy gets sold short too much around here.

If some of you actually watched the games instead of just crap shooting about every damn prospect we have you might see that he has a future:laugh:

He's our best prospect IQ wise and every one is selling him short at 21 years of age:laugh:

We're blessed with a damn good prospect pool, we just need to shed the dead weight in the next two years and give them ice time.

I think Louis Lebust should be the next callup. He's the kind of player that would look great next to DD/Pac. Or centering DD ?

Chucky-Leblanc-Eller-white/dumont could be deadly in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad