When Will Leblanc Get Another Chance?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
When does everybody think he will get another chance in the nhl? Has he really been that bad in the AHL? What areas does he need to improve on to be a nhl player?

When injuries start to pile up. Yes he has been that bad in the AHL. He must get stronger and quicker imo. He should spend a lot of time in Hamilton next season.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
When does everybody think he will get another chance in the nhl? Has he really been that bad in the AHL? What areas does he need to improve on to be a nhl player?

He may get a chance this year if injuries hit. I think the best thing for him is to keep producing and play the full year AHL. It's too bad the AHL kids are getting so little veteran help with Palushaj in Colorado, Geoffrion hurt and Engqvist in the KHL.

I think adding a couple solid AHLers up front will be something MB will look at to play with prospects like Holland LeBlanc Quailer Avtsin Kristo Bournival Nattinen Walsh?

I expect Dumont in the NHL in the 10th to 13th forward mix.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
He regressed. Hopefully, his hockey IQ and dedication seemed to be his forte. I think he'll get an other shot.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I see him replacing Armstrong next year as a 4th line RW. See is better than how he was playing early on in the AHL, and seems to have picked up his game lately.

He has decent size if he can put on some extra weight, but the guy is really good along the boards, good to start on the 4th line, and maybe move up due to injuries.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Next year hopefully, once he bounces back. His play this year is partially excused by injuries, but he doesn't deserve a call up besides that.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I see him replacing Armstrong next year as a 4th line RW. See is better than how he was playing early on in the AHL, and seems to have picked up his game lately.

He has decent size if he can put on some extra weight, but the guy is really good along the boards, good to start on the 4th line, and maybe move up due to injuries.

I would prefer to see him start next year AHL unless he finishes on a tear. Maybe give him a veteran Yannick Lehoux type center, he's always been a guy that easily adapts to higher skilled linemates.

bdawg1989*

Was never sold on Leblanc... especially after he chose to finish his degree (I know this is a GOOD idea for him, not for the organization tho).

He seems to have regressed as other posters mentionned and TBH our forward depth is pretty much stacked right now. Who can he replace at Center ? We have Plek/DD/Eller/galchenyuk/White

Our wingers are also stacked, Cole/Gio/Pac/Gallagher/Prust/Bourque/etc...

The only player I see he could replace is Armstrong but MT has a crush on him so...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Leblanc is recuperating from an injury. High ankle sprain, I believe.

If he gets his skating and confidence back, there's no reason why he won't be up this season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Was never sold on Leblanc... especially after he chose to finish his degree (I know this is a GOOD idea for him, not for the organization tho).

Leblanc spent only 1 season in the NCAA.

Leblanc is recuperating from an injury. High ankle sprain, I believe.

If he gets his skating and confidence back, there's no reason why he won't be up this season.

The injury was from the end of October, he looks like he's moving much better now.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
He should get a callup some time this year when we inevitably get some injuries. He didn't look bad at all last year.

Its doubtful he'll be a top6 but he could be a good complimentary winger.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I would prefer to see him start next year AHL unless he finishes on a tear. Maybe give him a veteran Yannick Lehoux type center, he's always been a guy that easily adapts to higher skilled linemates.

Its funny you say that, because he actually looked decent when he was called up for the Habs scrimmage game, he actually looked good for a guy struggling in the AHL.

For me he is likely to turn out like Higgins, a good 3rd line guy.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
just a year ago he was playing well, and played 40 something games on a bad habs team. He had nobody that really could help him since the team was such a disaster at the time.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing prust on one wing and leblanc on the other. leblanc is tough to play against in his own end, just needs to get stronger. I believe he should be training with a guy like gallagher, who 'gets' it.

he'll never be a top 6 guy, well maybe, but on a team that is making a playoff run he would look fantastic on the bottom 6. he's tough to play against, and intelligent as ****. not my first choice for that draft, but the habs top 6 is getting stronger and should find a role on the 3rd line.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I'm scared he become the next Chipchura.

When we drafted him : He'll become a good 2nd line center.
Year after : 2nd line center.
Year after : One of the best third line defensive forward.
Year after : Third line forward.
Year after : Can he make it as a winger on our forth line?
Year after : He has not enough skills to be in our top 6 forward, and not enough size to be in our bottom 6. **** him.

He's sent on waiver, get picked by Phoenix, Colorado and whoever.
And some people argue that Timmins is the worst guy on the planet because he missed it with Leblanc.

Am I Close?

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I'm scared he become the next Chipchura.

When we drafted him : He'll become a good 2nd line center.
Year after : 2nd line center.
Year after : One of the best third line defensive forward.
Year after : Third line forward.
Year after : Can he make it as a winger on our forth line?
Year after : He has not enough skills to be in our top 6 forward, and not enough size to be in our bottom 6. **** him.

He's sent on waiver, get picked by Phoenix, Colorado and whoever.
And some people argue that Timmins is the worst guy on the planet because he missed it with Leblanc.

Am I Close?

nah. some hfers are over reacting. he'll be on this team, 3rd line on a strong habs team. He'll be our gorges on offensive in a couple years. I didn't like him at the draft, but there's something about him that has changed my opinion. cannot put my finger, or explain it. just like him.

he's ran into some injury problems, but nothing a guy with his intelligence cannot overcome.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Next year. Even with injuries, there are other players ahead of him right now on the Dogs.

If he doesn't impress at training camp, I'd start to get worried.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Even before this miserable season, I haven't seen him as a top 6 forward. I hope that he could become a good 3rd liner though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad