Votes: 46 71.9%

• Total voters

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Im no Dubois fan but jesus christ

hate the term 'rent free' but it applies here so badly

Like how f***ing "im not actually mad" are you to suggest going after Byfield and that PLD's 8.5 would be the reason the Kings wouldn't sign him

Is this podcast running the poster who said Danault would be worth 1 million per goal

Like for organizations that have so little to do with each other for 30 years MTL sure likes being a bunch of f***ing tools towards us

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Byfield offer-sheet thing doesn't concern me to much, I think the Kings would match anything up to the four first threshold, and if Montreal or someone else offered him something crazy over that, you wish him well and take the 4 first round picks and reload pretty quickly with eight firsts in four drafts.

I think Montreal would be playing with fire trying to offer sheet anyone, even if you add a guy like Byfield or Raymond it doesn't guarantee you are a playoff team, especially in that division, there is still a big risk you end up giving up a top 10 pick.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Im no Dubois fan but jesus christ

hate the term 'rent free' but it applies here so badly

Like how f***ing "im not actually mad" are you to suggest going after Byfield and that PLD's 8.5 would be the reason the Kings wouldn't sign him

Is this podcast running the poster who said Danault would be worth 1 million per goal

Like for organizations that have so little to do with each other for 30 years MTL sure likes being a bunch of f***ing tools towards us
Pretty sure that’s not exclusive to us considering how much Jets fans hate them. Although in hindsight, all of their Dubois lowball trade offers of Josh Anderson and a 2027 2nd would have been perfectly fair value.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
FWIW, the compensation on 9.5M is:

2 First Round Picks
1 Second Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

One would think the Canadiens have learned their lesson after being worked so hard by the Carolina Hurricanes. Not only did the Canes match on Sebastian Aho, they turn around and offer sheet Kotkaniemi two years later. Now Canadiens have continued to suck while Carolina is a perennial contender. Pretty funny to me.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
One would think the Canadiens have learned their lesson after being worked so hard by the Carolina Hurricanes. Not only did the Canes match on Sebastian Aho, they turn around and offer sheet Kotkaniemi two years later. Now Canadiens have continued to suck while Carolina is a perennial contender. Pretty funny to me.

As if the Canadiens as a franchise would ever stop thinking they are the most important thing in NHL...

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
FWIW, the compensation on 9.5M is:

2 First Round Picks
1 Second Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

That doesn't seem worth it for Byfield...or does it? I dunno.....hopefully Montreal offers 10.8 if they do offer sheet Byfield....then tanks for the next 4 years....imagine getting 4 first overalls....all because of Dubois lol.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Carolina kind of played themselves though. Kotkaniemi isn't very good.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Byfield offer-sheet thing doesn't concern me to much, I think the Kings would match anything up to the four first threshold, and if Montreal or someone else offered him something crazy over that, you wish him well and take the 4 first round picks and reload pretty quickly with eight firsts in four drafts.

I think Montreal would be playing with fire trying to offer sheet anyone, even if you add a guy like Byfield or Raymond it doesn't guarantee you are a playoff team, especially in that division, there is still a big risk you end up giving up a top 10 pick.
Wasn't there a sports movie about giving up four first round picks?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Carolina kind of played themselves though. Kotkaniemi isn't very good.

Still a solid middle finger as they've got both guys and a massive playoff team while MTL plays in the mud and goes "lol kotkaniemi, lol pld, lol aho, you guys are all idiots" as they watch from the basement, still years away from being a serious operation.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
LOL.

As if we don't all hate Dubois enough already.

Smoke some baguette's bros.

Yes you have to strike back

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Yes you have to strike back
Like The Empire!

1714166156271.png

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
All I know is PLD better be e-transferring half his salary to Byfield after every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad