Speculation: When is the end of the Hawks' Cup window?

Blackhawks Cup window nearing the end......When?

• 2020-21 or later

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 2019-20

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • 2018-19

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • This season is their last shot......They better make the most of it!

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • It is already shut. 2015 was the last Cup for this group of core players

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I would have taken Rick Nash on a sweetheart deal in 2016, but his possession play and chance generation has now fallen off. Before people were just upset that he wasn't scoring as well as he used to, but he was still a big impact player as far as driving play.

Now, not so much.

Kreider on the other hand, gimme gimme gimme. He'll frustrate the hell out of people, cause he'll look like a monster one night and invisible the next, but over the course of 82 or a playoff run, yes please. Do want.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
They key will be finding an out with Seabrook, do any teams still have buyouts left? Toss them a 1st and call it a day.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
They key will be finding an out with Seabrook, do any teams still have buyouts left? Toss them a 1st and call it a day.

Compliance buyouts expired the off-season of 2013-2014. Anybody who buys out Seabrook would have carry the cap implications:

DuQcHyf.png

I say you toss somebody a 1st and a 2nd, 50% salary retention. You can get a significantly better Dman than Seabrook for 3mil.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Apparently Q was really pissed at the intensity (or lack thereof) of practice and the team got bag skated and he abruptly ended practice. Fiddy's life-long dream has been realized.

He joined Q in his wine cellar while striping Toews of his C while making Seabrook do up-downs?

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Apparently Q was really pissed at the intensity (or lack thereof) of practice and the team got bag skated and he abruptly ended practice. Fiddy's life-long dream has been realized.

Do you think he'll be crushed when it has zero effect?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
What are you going to do if the rattle off 10 wins starting next game?

I'll take this bet. Not that I'm against guys getting bagged in extreme cases. It must've been pretty bad for him to do that, in which case, they probably deserved a little ass kicking. It doesn't send some great message and define seasons but it's a way in the short term to kick grown men in the ass a bit and wake 'em up.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'll take this bet. Not that I'm against guys getting bagged in extreme cases. It must've been pretty bad for him to do that, in which case, they probably deserved a little ass kicking. It doesn't send some great message and define seasons but it's a way in the short term to kick grown men in the ass a bit and wake 'em up.

I would just laugh because JD would get grinded hard.

Reactions: Blue Liner

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Impact conversation aside, I would find it funny.

Exactly. Whether it was the direct cause or purely coincidence, it'd be pretty funny.

And Fiddy would want a bag skate after every loss.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm just having bad memories of "put the pucks away! No pucks! We aren't gonna need those. Get on the goal line!" running through my head that have not surfaced in years. *shudders*

How about the bus getting back at 5am and instead going home you have to gear up (cold ass gear) and get bag skated for an hour...

The team always bonded with a solid breakfast after that and played great the next game. Can't track the impact good or bad but the team always seemed to come together.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
How about the bus getting back at 5am and instead going home you have to gear up (cold ass gear) and get bag skated for an hour...

The team always bonded with a solid breakfast after that and played great the next game. Can't track the impact good or bad but the team always seemed to come together.

Thankfully I never had to do that. It was always the running joke a la "Youngblood" but never actually had to do it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm just having bad memories of "put the pucks away! No pucks! We aren't gonna need those. Get on the goal line!" running through my head that have not surfaced in years. *shudders*

God that was awful. It didn't happen until I was a peewee, I think, and when we had a bad game, we showed up to practice like... "Huh, where are the pucks?" once we were on the ice. Coach comes out on the ice... "No pucks today, guys. Get on the boards/goal line." It was either cross-ice board to board sprints with climbing the bench on top of it, or it was the 60 second drill(suicides), or it was skating the circles. The. Entire. Practice. Guys puking all over on the bench, and legs like jello by the time you got off an hour later, barely able to stand. Why did you have to remind me of that shit? Haha.

Definitely played better, after that, though. I don't think I ever had but one or two of those "No pucks guys" days throughout my entire playing career. Still had suicides or circles, but only a couple times where it was the entire practice. It was usually about 10-15 minutes of it before moving on.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
bit more time to think about and seeing what our Players still might be able to do.

I'm not really that high on our Youngsters as some others are, but I see the potential with Forsling and Kitty. Hayden and Hartman are that Bottom 6 guys that can put you over the top if they can be cheap and your Team is stacked in the Top6.
Our window isn't closed. It's open and you shouldn't Count the Hawks out. Not the favs to win it all, but still a Team that will be hard to beat.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Meh, Crawford is only doing good now that he is getting peppered with shots as he is always in the game, God forbid the players pick it up a bit and start dominating some games, watch those beach balls get right past him every single time...

Just as predicted for one game at least, the team plays well and puts in lots of goals and Crawford wets the bed with all 6 softies...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad