Post-Game Talk: When in Doubt, Shootout: Sabres 3 Leafs 4

Toque*

Everyone scored because they want to impress the sexy lady behind the bench...it worked

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I love reading the Sens board Around the NHL thread whenever we win and drinking in their butthurt tears.

they mad! :biglaugh:

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Saturday is huuuuuge. Need to win in regulation.

Really liking Gleason so far (and I was Liles' biggest fan :laugh:).

Gardiner/Mo with another good game too.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
if bernier plays, probably dont need the shootout BUT.

we got a third line going (clarkson looking good with holland and kulemin).

the first line is wheelin and gunnar played a really strong 3rd i thought (kept shutting JURGENSON down).

go leafs go!

:yo:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Great game fellas! This series has been the most entertaining out of all this year. For some reason you always bring out the best in the Sabs. I don't think I've seen Miller get beaten 3 times straight in a shootout ever. Those moves your guys did were incredible.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Miserable 3rd.

I'll give them break due to flu and fatigue, But need to grind it out.

Good
3rd line(Holland especially)
Gleason
Rielly
Gardiner

meh
1st line
Gunnarsson
Franson
Reimer

bad
2nd line
Phaneuf

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
still in a WC spot though, there is no more 1-8 in the coinferenced. Washington has a division spot atm we can't steal that from them

Don't get me started on that stupid new format. Only the division winners should get 1-2 seeding. The other automatic spots and WC spots should fall into accordance with points. Right now it doesn't matter but theoretically, Pittsburgh could win the conference and end up with a WC match up in the first round that isn't a traditional 8th seed.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Great game fellas! This series has been the most entertaining out of all this year. For some reason you always bring out the best in the Sabs. I don't think I've seen Miller get beaten 3 times straight in a shootout ever. Those moves your guys did were incredible.

Cheers. Glad we're done with this season series, it's always too damn close!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

:laugh:
you're welcome.

;) though we want to trade your team for a Metro team (we'll take Washington). do us a favour and just beat teams for us :)

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.

Enjoyable series. Lots of ot and drama. Glad we're done with each other :laugh: See you next year!

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Huge game coming up for the Leafs, big chance to gain ground on Mtl 4 pts back of them now.

They lose to ott and we beat them, 2 pts back.
They beat ott and we lose to them, 8 pts back.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I thought Reimer was ok, very similar to Bernier yesterday. Both let in 1 awful goal but shut it down when it counts. Saving the penalty shot and Myers shot with 20 sec left were clutch.

Also we were the better team this game no doubt. It was a deserved win.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i actually thought reimer played pretty well. the third goal he should have stopped... but it looked like he had that whole side covered... such a small hole that guy put it through.

the one that hit the post and in was a great shot. there have been a lot of similar shots against bernier that hit the post and don't go in... so it's just kind of unlucky that the shot goes off the post and in... instead of off the post and out.

definately a solid game from reimer... he made some good saves.

i'm actually a little more comfortable with reimer in the net comapred to bernier. i hope reimer gets some more starts soon and that they split the remaining games in the season.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
**** sakes, if the playoffs started tomorrow we'd get the Bruins again argh . As it stands, thats a realistic seeding for the playoffs IF the Leafs make it, damn

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto

Yeah, it's actually pretty annoying how tough you guys play us...all the time. Glad it's out of the way now :laugh:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Regardless, it's nice to pick up another win. At this point we've got such a low ROW that we might as well just keep going shootout for the rest of the season :laugh:.

Toque*

if bernier plays, probably dont need the shootout BUT.

we got a third line going (clarkson looking good with holland and kulemin).

the first line is wheelin and gunnar played a really strong 3rd i thought.

go leafs go!

:yo:

Sure bubby...like BurnYay didnt let Scott score last time...taking us straight to shootout

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Rielly first star

Rielly was literally flying all over the ice.

Thank god Carlyle uses his brain and keeps him in most of the games. I thought he would be the sacrificial lamb of this team this year and we'll have to see Mark Fraser over him.

Rielly is improving leaps and bounds every game.

I'll stick to what I said earlier: Morgan will be our best defenseman by the time his ELC ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad