Post-Game Talk: When in Doubt, Shootout: Sabres 3 Leafs 4

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
I have an unhealthy obsession of hatred when it comes to Ryan Miller. Watching him get lit up in the shootout made more happy happy than it probably should have.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So we're done with Buffalo this season?

Thank God :laugh:

Didn't get to see the whole game but I did see highlights of all the goals scored. Not a great game by Reimer but great to see him come through in the SO and help get that extra point.

Even better is that Pens scored late. I hope they hold on to that lead and beat Washington in regulation. Washington is likely getting a top 3 spot in the Metro but just in case...best to give Pens the points as they are without a doubt making playoffs.

Mr Scarface*

Drunken master was too much pure fun. He won it.

I knew we would score in the shootout and that we'll win it.

I also knew that kulemin would score tonight.

I'm waiting for my reward ? Don't know what it is, but its exciting.

Leafs win, this is it.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

tumblr_mgc8rpADhM1r4w6j5o1_400.gif

Pinchy

Oct 19, 2008
Why the heck would TSN zoom in on Bozak on that shootout attempt so we miss the goal? Terrible video direction on that one.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
We don't need no stinkin' regulation wins!

I remember when shootouts were automatic losses. Reimer is 4-0 in shootouts this season? Had a few weak ones go in today, but did the job overall.

3 in a row!

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Washington has just lost in regulation to the Penguins therefore the Leafs move ahead to 5th place in the East

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Lupul's just a breakaway God. I don't recall many breakaways (shootout, penalty shot, in game breakaway) that he's missed. He's just money. Sucks that it wasn't a ROW tonight but a win is a win and I'll take it.

leafsfan2

Jan 4, 2007
Markham,ON
Feel good man

Won today in spite of the goalie for a change. I know another shootout win but atleast we outplayed them and deservedly won. cant say that always happens lol.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think we're winning shoot outs because of smarter decisions. Just because Kessel is our best forward doesn't mean he should be one of the three shooters.

So many great players suck at shoot outs...I guess it's just not the same as a real game breakaway.

JvR is money everywhere on the ice.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Makes no difference anymore. We have 9 shootout wins already. At this point we lose the tie-breaker no matter what, might as well milk the shootout while we can now.

Unless we end up tied with Washington. But yeah there's no way in hell we're winning the tiebreaker with anyone else

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Man those 3 are ****ing beautiful in the shootout. I swear we didnt even score 3 shootout goals all of last season :laugh:

Hard to believe only Bozak was able to score shootout goals last year. We are so much better now that Lupul and JVR are great at it too.

It wasn't too long ago, when Kessel, Kule, Raymond, Kadri, were all tried and sporadically failed.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Reimer played bad but maybe a win will boost his confidence a bit. He doesn't have the same game-to-game mental perseverance as Bernier this season.

Tdot Soldier

Apr 23, 2013
walking dist. to acc
Makes no difference anymore. We have 9 shootout wins already. At this point we lose the tie-breaker no matter what, might as well milk the shootout while we can now.

Only team we're close with in ROWS is Washington but I'd assume they are going to get one of the top 3 spots in the metropolitan division

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
We won!!! Thank goodness we couldn't afford to not grab 2 points against them. But boy oh boy we better hope we aren't tied with anyone for that wild card spot or we're screwed.

Also glad we have 2 nights off, this team desperately needs some rest. We looked gassed after 5 games in 7 nights + the flu floating around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad