When does this era end?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
they let the heart of the team walk/ trade them away.

So who was the "heart of the team"?

Party Boy Seguin?
Jerome 'one and done" Iginla
Johnny Boychuk.

Yes Boychuk was a core player, somewhere between the 6th and 9th best player on the team, but he certainly wasn't the heart of the team.

Face it for the past 7+ Years the heart of the team has been Chara, Lucic, Bergeron, with Rask and Krejci joining in a bit later.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
He's just too stubborn for his own good. His system works we all know that but his decisions are often so bad. Whether it's who he puts out as the extra attacker, who he puts out in the shootout, who he has out on the power-play, why he plays the worst 4th line in the league so much, why he refuses to break up lines that are struggling until there is 10 minutes to go in a game..... etc etc etc... It's his poor in game decisions and his inability to realize what he is doing wrong that flat out ruins this teams chances game after game and leaves us fans clawing our eyes out. He's one dimensional, dead set in his ways, and has failed to keep up with the rest of the league in terms of the direction the game is now going. Our 4th line grinders and play not to lose but get to the shootout and lose anyways style, is boring hockey and frustrating as hell!

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I think the regime will survive the year (75%) but it's days are numbered either way.

I think Charlie wants to bring in his own regime.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
So who was the "heart of the team"?

Party Boy Seguin?
Jerome 'one and done" Iginla
Johnny Boychuk.

Yes Boychuk was a core player, somewhere between the 6th and 9th best player on the team, but he certainly wasn't the heart of the team.

Face it for the past 7+ Years the heart of the team has been Chara, Lucic, Bergeron, with Rask and Krejci joining in a bit later.

you don't think thornton was a core player? for a measly million dollars they could have had a player that was beloved in the room and in the community. Letting someone who will fight for anyone on the team walk is a huge deal, especially when he comes out and says boston is his home. That strikes with the fans. I know I would love thornton back. He had more Gall that Lucic ever will.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
you don't think thornton was a core player? for a measly million dollars they could have had a player that was beloved in the room and in the community. Letting someone who will fight for anyone on the team walk is a huge deal, especially when he comes out and says boston is his home. That strikes with the fans. I know I would love thornton back. He had more Gall that Lucic ever will.

I love Thorty, but I wouldn't bring him back at 1.2 million. And I love Lucic, but you know what the difference is between the two? Thornton never gave a **** on the ice. Ever. He'd fight anyone, do what it takes to win. Lucic gives a ****. Both in a good way. We're definitely lacking his leadership. Without question.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I love Thorty, but I wouldn't bring him back at 1.2 million. And I love Lucic, but you know what the difference is between the two? Thornton never gave a **** on the ice. Ever. He'd fight anyone, do what it takes to win. Lucic gives a ****. In a good way. We're definitely lacking his leadership. Without question.

I don't get where you think thornton never gave a ****. He was always barking on the bench, he didn't care about his role, his just did his job. And more importantly he made a mark off the ice. He STARTED cuts with a cause, visited cancer kids, he did everything right as a human being. If you don't think hes worth 1.2 million then you are a joke to the community. Surely did more than the last governor

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I don't get where you think thornton never gave a ****. He was always barking on the bench, he didn't care about his role, his just did his job. And more importantly he made a mark off the ice. He STARTED cuts with a cause, visited cancer kids, he did everything right as a human being. If you don't think hes worth 1.2 million then you are a joke to the community.

I didn't mean never gave a **** in a bad way. I meant it in a good way meaning he'd sacrifice his body to win, what ever it took. Fight anyone. Never gave a **** how he felt at the end of the game as long as they won.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'd be shocked if he was the coach next season. And I'm a big Julien guy.

My prediction.

Chia loses his job but Julien hangs on until new GM is hired. New GM tells Claude what he wants and asks are you on board with this?

Chia fired, Claude resigns ( and both hired in Toronto within a week )

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I didn't mean never gave a **** in a bad way. I meant it in a good way meaning he'd sacrifice his body to win, what ever it took. Fight anyone. Never gave a **** how he felt at the end of the game as long as they won.

sorry I misinterpreted. I feel like he was one of the heart and soul components of the bruins and they let him walk for chump change, and it makes me bitter considering they signed so many others to contracts (paille) that dont have his spirit and devotion to this town.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
All I want is this team to be entertaining again. This entire season has pretty much been a bore, and I feel bad for STH that actually paid the ridiculous inflated prices to watch this team.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
sorry I misinterpreted. I feel like he was one of the heart and soul components of the bruins and they let him walk for chump change.

Absolutely, I probably should have worded that a little better. Love Thornton, always will. But at 1.2 million, I just don't know.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Absolutely, I probably should have worded that a little better. Love Thornton, always will. But at 1.2 million, I just don't know.

the sad part is for 2k, would you rather Barktowski or thornton. I just this Chia values his "choices" to make him look better so he wont let them walk. look how long Caron stuck around, Hes embarassing as a GM. and Yes I should have defined this as a chia post, but the two are intertwined to the point where its hard to separate.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
My gut thought is that this year's playoffs will define the decision of Claude.
If we don't make the playoffs he is done.
If we lose to the habs in round one, he is done.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The system is great. There is a reason two of the top ten goalies in save % ALL TIME have played for Clode in a Bruins uniform.

They just don't have enough talent this year, but they do have enough chips to retool for next year.

Feels like the 05 and 06 Red Sox or the 06 Patriots. Lots of good players from the last championship run still around and in their prime, but just not enough talent around them....but hope for a quick turn around.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
the sad part is for 2k, would you rather Barktowski or thornton. I just this Chia values his "choices" to make him look better so he wont let them walk. look how long Caron stuck around, Hes embarassing as a GM. and Yes I should have defined this as a chia post, but the two are intertwined to the point where its hard to separate.

Bartkowski. Easily. Jesus. Thornton can't play hockey anymore.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Absolutely, but I have a feeling he and Chiarelli are a package. If Chiarelli goes Julien goes, and vice versa.

I like Julien. I really do. I'm a backer - I'm a fan. He's the best coach I've ever seen at the helm of my favorite team. He's arguably the best coach in the history of this franchise.

If getting rid of Chiarelli means Julien goes with him? That's a bullet I'm willing to bite.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Just my opinion but I will wait till the playoffs to make my decision on Clode and Chia.
I still think we can take a run at this thing. Hope we get Montreal first and build off that to the Stanley Cup.
Even this year when we are on our game and playing our style with precision we can beat ANY team in this league.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Just my opinion but I will wait till the playoffs to make my decision on Clode and Chia.
I still think we can take a run at this thing. Hope we get Montreal first and build off that to the Stanley Cup.
Even this year when we are on our game and playing our style with precision we can beat ANY team in this league.

Just about any team that is playing their style and with precision can beat another team that isn't.

The Bruins have the skill but aren't using it. So if they decide that the playoffs are the time to use it, I'm fine with that. As long as the team they are playing decides the opposite.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

You know what? I agree.

Connolly comes back with Krejci and the top six is revitalized and the Bruins go far into the post-season... It means Chiarelli was RIGHT to have confidence in his roster and I was wrong NOT to.

But if they flame out early, or fail to qualify? Done.

I've never worked in a job where the amount of BS and excuses from management were in any way acceptable if that management team was failing to do their job. You fail to do your job - it's YOUR fault. No one else's.

If I'm subjected to the same thing next season, I'm tuning out until it's no longer a possibility.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
yet we pay players like Lucic 6 million. that pay grade tells me you lift the players around you to score.

Claude didn't give him that contract, nor does he pace them up for Looch.

So again, I'll ask, what is it right now about Claude's system that is stifling scoring?

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I have come to the conclusion that Claude's system is flawed. His lack of offence constantly puts a stress on our goaltending and defense. Prior years they have been up to the task but with the departure of some key defensive players, and locker room voices, I truly believe Claudes time has come. the league is moving in a different direction and he is not accommodating it.

Roster problem, not a system one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad