When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Alex Debrincat now has 1 goal in his last 19 games. Only 15 goals in his last 70 games.

Officially on pace for worse goals and point totals than he had in Ottawa last year - a season he called himself lazy.

Wonder if Detroit would try and move on from his three remaining years at $7.875M AAV.

7 points(and 3 goals) in 3 games for him since this post

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Hyping him up based on this win is natural, but let’s take some deep breaths and assess the season as a whole later this week.
Y'all hit a rough stretch late, but, whatever happens tomorrow, I was impressed by this Wings team.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
I hate they are pushing for the playoffs too soon and signing players who won't be here when the team is on the upsing. Another season and another terrible draft position. Need to lose better. Go young and built properly. chasing 8th seeds is useless.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Hyping him up based on this win is natural, but let’s take some deep breaths and assess the season as a whole later this week.

- playing 3rd string goalie (Husso injured)
- untimely injured core/centers (for stretches)
- subpar coaching
- Veleno is dead weight
- rough sweden schedule

Wings have incrementally gotten better each season since Yzerman took over (minus first season when he was evaluating players). And his drafting has been amazing! Raymond is proving to be a clutch BEAST! Have not seen a Red Wings drafted this good since Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg. Both were also very clutch players.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I hate they are pushing for the playoffs too soon and signing players who won't be here when the team is on the upsing. Another season and another terrible draft position. Need to lose better. Go young and built properly. chasing 8th seeds is useless.
With Raymond, Seider, Larkin, and now Edvinsson this team isn't going to be able to get top-5 picks. No point in tanking anymore.

Once Danielson is on the roster and takes his rightful spot as 2c the whole team is going to change. Larkin-Danielson-Compher-Copp is a much better C group than Larkin-Compher-Copp-Veleno and it will help prevent Copp and Veleno from ever seeing the top 6 again.

Kasper might push Copp to wing before the end of his contract, or (hopefully) right off the roster. I could see Copp getting traded with retention in the last year or two of his deal.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Y'all hit a rough stretch late, but, whatever happens tomorrow, I was impressed by this Wings team.

This team hits the skids twice once Larkin was out for an extended period. As a whole team, they are huffing fumes. But that's what really screwed them for the playoff chase.

But prior to the start of season, this team was a fringe playoff contender. They are still that as of game #82. While the end of the season is disappointing compared to the way they started, they are still trying. Also helps that they didn't do anything foolish at the trade deadline.

Hence why I brush off anyone with a grudge or frankly delusional who wants to crap on this team. Whether that be to tanking for a chance to win the lottery or viewing the roster prior to this season and believing they were more than they are currently.

Reactions: Givememoneyback

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If they lose to Mtl in the last game?
They are playing meaningful games in April for the first time in almost a decade and have a lot of solid young players moving in over the next few years that will address the biggest issues the team has this year.

Yzerman has made mistakes (quite a few) and while I don't agree with his plan I see what he's doing.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They have a pretty good shot at postseason as Montreal is a very bad team and Washington will have a tough game with a Philadelphia team not technically out of it (although they need a lot of help). Presumably if they win, the Rangers likely smash 'em like a guitar in the 1st round, but that's why they play the games. I imagine they will be happy to get a playoff drought over with.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
They have a pretty good shot at postseason as Montreal is a very bad team and Washington will have a tough game with a Philadelphia team not technically out of it (although they need a lot of help). Presumably if they win, the Rangers likely smash 'em like a guitar in the 1st round, but that's why they play the games. I imagine they will be happy to get a playoff drought over with.

If anything it will be a sweet relief to not hear during national games the commentators saying: "Wow it's hard to believe that the team with that long playoff streak currently got the 2nd longest streak without playoffs right now" if the Wings get in this year.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
IMG_1418.jpeg

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The most "maybe next year" team in the league has never "maybe next year"'d harder.

I can't imagine a season like this one will have a chance in the east again next year, though. Not as close as it seems, going to need to improve a bit.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
The most "maybe next year" team in the league has never "maybe next year"'d harder.

I can't imagine a season like this one will have a chance in the east again next year, though. Not as close as it seems, going to need to improve a bit.
The goal should never be just to make the playoffs. Would have been nice this year but that can’t be the end goal.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Mostly stay healthy, though. Can't win with a 3rd and 4th string goalie.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Do you watch games or just come here to post strictly shit posts against the Wings since 2024 started?

Both. Are you implying that watching the Wings gives the impressson that Chiarot, Holl and Petry are good players and lead to the Wings having a stingy defense?

Reactions: Czechboy

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Both. Are you implying that watching the Wings gives the impressson that Chiarot, Holl and Petry are good players and lead to the Wings having a stingy defense?

Chiarot is okay in my books. The other 2, I don't think anyone really cares for. Holl can barely be blamed for the end result as he sat out most of the last what.. 20 or 30 games?

Relying on Lyon to be our #1 for so long didn't help all the time either even though he had some great stretches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad