HF Habs: When Does Our Postseason Fate Sort Itself Out? Rebuild Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thousands, not hundreds, thousands of empty seats, would be the only thing, that gets this richie rich kid to do something. There were a ton of empty seats last night, but not enough. Not to mention those empty seats probably belong to the scalpers.

Money Mol$on is not a hockey guy, he is a business guy. The Board can't even hold him accountable, what an a$$backwards organization.

If the fans wanted to send a message, it's too late. That should have been done before the season started. Lets face it, did you think that they would be a better team this year than last year with all those rookies heading in? Add a few injuries (more than the average teams has per season) and it is what it is. I'm not that surprised

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Anyone with minimal vision and basic hockey knowledge knew this team was gonna be a terrible, bottom 10 calibre mess. No surprise indeed. It was easy to predict for everyone but biased, rose-colored glasses wearing individuals.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If the fans wanted to send a message, it's too late. That should have been done before the season started. Lets face it, did you think that they would be a better team this year than last year with all those rookies heading in? Add a few injuries (more than the average teams has per season) and it is what it is. I'm not that surprised
Which is why MB should have been let go 3-4 seasons ago.......we have been in the rinse and re[eat era. It's like 5 years of groundhog day...This is all on Money Mol$on. There needs to be a message sent to this rich putz. As soon as the franco media get upset, then the crap will fly. Only then...

Reactions: blarneylad

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Which is why MB should have been let go 3-4 seasons ago.......we have been in the rinse and re[eat era. It's like 5 years of groundhog day...This is all on Money Mol$on. There needs to be a message sent to this rich putz. As soon as the franco media get upset, then the crap will fly. Only then...

Who knows man. With or without Bergevin today, we have a growing pain roster. Very unpredictable if we keep stalling or rise in the standings. I do dislike this middle of the pack strategy though where they are chasing the straight (playoffs) for two years in a row.

Habs can and have knocked on the top and bottom 10 door all season long. The injuries has us knocking on the bottom 10 door in the last month or two.

I'm not a Bergevin hater and you know this. I think he is a better GM today than he was 3 or 4 years ago but can he take us to cup contender status? I have my doubts for sure. Open for a change but not for the sake of it. I would like to see his replacement before I support the change. Last thing I want is another young GM learning on the job or a old guy with old ways. If we make a change, we need to do it right and find the right guy

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Who knows man. With or without Bergevin today, we have a growing pain roster. Very unpredictable if we keep stalling or rise in the standings. I do dislike this middle of the pack strategy though where they are chasing the straight (playoffs) for two years in a row.

Habs can and have knocked on the top and bottom 10 door all season long. The injuries has us knocking on the bottom 10 door in the last month or two.

I'm not a Bergevin hater and you know this. I think he is a better GM today than he was 3 or 4 years ago but can he take us to cup contender status? I have my doubts for sure. Open for a change but not for the sake of it. I would like to see his replacement before I support the change. Last thing I want is another young GM learning on the job or a old guy with old ways. If we make a change, we need to do it right and find the right guy
8 years of MB misery is enough for me. Can't stomach this crap anymore. He has to go.

Hiring the right people is key, but I don't hold out alot of hope there, either. The organization is being run into the ground by Money Mol$on. FIVE years of rinse and repeat, and let these two clown hide behind dare plan?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
8 years of MB misery is enough for me. Can't stomach this crap anymore. He has to go.

Hiring the right people is key, but I don't hold out alot of hope there, either. The organization is being run into the ground by Money Mol$on. FIVE years of rinse and repeat, and let these two clown hide behind dare plan?

If our prospect pool was still bottom 10 in the NHL, I'd be very pissed off today. Fire Bergevin today and the next guy has lots to work with. I'm not that upset cause I seen growing pain years to come for a while now. I think Bergevin would be a great assistant GM someday lol. ;)

Regardless who whoever our GM is... Habs need to keep our picks and accumulate more wherever we can. We have been forced to improve our team through trades and UFA signings that failed. This is a game for fools. Keep on the draft train we started in 17+ draft years and let that train ride continue for years to come. This is how we get out of our hole. Only trade futures if we are close to winning a cup.

A new Business model and Strategy for the Habs is what they need. This is where Molson as president is the problem. He don't know hockey and we need a savvy guy in that seat in charge of hockey operations. Start there

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If our prospect pool was still bottom 10 in the NHL, I'd be very pissed off today. Fire Bergevin today and the next guy has lots to work with. I'm not that upset cause I seen growing pain years to come for a while now. I think Bergevin would be a great assistant GM someday lol. ;)

Regardless who whoever our GM is... Habs need to keep our picks and accumulate more wherever we can. We have been forced to improve our team through trades and UFA signings that failed. This is a game for fools. Keep on the draft train we started in 17+ draft years and let that train ride continue for years to come. This is how we get out of our hole. Only trade futures if we are close to winning a cup.

A new Business model and Strategy for the Habs is what they need. This is where Molson as president is the problem. He don't know hockey and we need a savvy guy in that seat in charge of hockey operations. Start there
It seems like we have some good prospects, seems being the key word. The coaching staff in Montreal do not develop people well, so let's not hold our breathe on the prospects digging us out, from an inept GM.

A real hockey President, is a must if the Habs ever move on from the Clown show they currently have.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
So, since the OP started the thread the Habs has gone 5-10 over 15 games.
But yeah, let's go for a 24-7 finish and hope that 99pts is enough to get into the PO.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
What’s more terrifying than a clown faced goon?

It all makes sense now:

cGy3tJXLjAPtUa2_054IwvIiSx1bdMPoTbfvEsCcl5Q.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Joker-Purple-Coat-main.jpg

Uncanny! :sarcasm:

Reactions: badi and holy

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Thousands, not hundreds, thousands of empty seats, would be the only thing, that gets this richie rich kid to do something. There were a ton of empty seats last night, but not enough. Not to mention those empty seats probably belong to the scalpers.

Money Mol$on is not a hockey guy, he is a business guy. The Board can't even hold him accountable, what an a$$backwards organization.
Until he gets a good president of hockey operations, we’ll have no direction.

Reactions: BLONG7

johnpaulws

Jan 24, 2020
Anyone with minimal vision and basic hockey knowledge knew this team was gonna be a terrible, bottom 10 calibre mess. No surprise indeed. It was easy to predict for everyone but biased, rose-colored glasses wearing individuals.

MB and Molson knew it to,

Remember the announcement before the season telling fans to "be patient"?

In case people can't figure it out, the translation is....."we are throwing this season away, so don't expect anything"

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
I don't think questions do anything to Molson. The question is how to hurt Molson's pocket book in a market where PT Barnum's ''born every minute'' appears to be the average ticket buyer. The only people taking a hit recently have been the scalpers.

The right questions can lead to bad publicity and bad publicity often leads to loss of profit.

Take for example Toronto. I know they still haven't won yet, but back in 2015 when they fired everyone and Lamoriello in place, it was because Brian Burke was getting nowhere and the media was ridiculizing their situation. Fans wore brown paper bags on their heads to go to the game.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

In case people can't figure it out, the translation is....."we are throwing this season away, so don't expect anything"
But they have also said, the playoffs were in reach....disingenuous at best. Liar club stuff so to speak.

Not sure when the fans in the city, along with the media became so soft...............this would not have been tolerated in years past.
27 years and counting, and no one is in a hurry to win again, but the fans, who pay for it ALL.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Everything's going to be decided by the end of this week, unless we go on an improbable run.

Looks like it was decided a few weeks ago when they started icing a line-up that was built not to win.
MB must be telling CJ how to deploy etc,CJ should walk out. Do coaches ever quit?I can't believe CJ is playing the roster his way,if so,wow! Get out the ax now FFS and and while at it take MB along. Have to assume that Molson could care less if they win or not.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal

So that explains the Kovalchuk singning?

If he wants to throw the season he sure doesn’t know how.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The right questions can lead to bad publicity and bad publicity often leads to loss of profit.

Take for example Toronto. I know they still haven't won yet, but back in 2015 when they fired everyone and Lamoriello in place, it was because Brian Burke was getting nowhere and the media was ridiculizing their situation. Fans wore brown paper bags on their heads to go to the game.

Consider the person who, at this late and embarrassing stage of the game, thinks Bergevin is the shit. What would you even say to them? It's just....so f***ing stupid at this point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Agree to some degree but if this roster is healthy or has the average injury here and there, they are not a bottom 10 team. Habs are in the middle and have knocked on the top 10 door and bottom 10 door all season. In the last few months, reality has set in with those accumulating injuries to key players. So I'm not going to over exaggerate how bad or good things are. It is what it is... they are a middle 10 team somewhere. But yeah, we can possibly have a 8-12 range pick this year with how the above average injuries has knocked us down.

- 10 one goal game losses leads the NHL.
- (-4) in goal differential which ranks 20th.

Tied 24th in the standings right now does not really indicate the true story. No need to exaggerate things. This team is definitely a middle 10 team and we can only hope we get a 5-10 range pick!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

That wasn't how it happened.

-Brian Burke wasn't Toronto's GM in 2014, Dave Nonis was.

-The fans got fed up of a decade of spinning wheels and turned on the team HARD (waffles, consistent jeers, etc.). The team sucked.

-Shanahan was hired and sold ownership on a rebuild.

Categorizing them as putting Lou in place also misses what actually happens. He was hired after Shanahan, Dubas, Hunter, Metcalf AND Charron. His biggest contribution was more from a pure management perspective. The plan was already in place, as were the people who answered to him.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Habs are in the middle and have knocked on the top 10 door and bottom 10 door all season.
The only time we knock at the top is early in the season before the cream rises to the top and we end up where we always are. Bubble team with little hope of improving. Drafting a guy like Lafrenière would go a long way to making us relevant again and give the fans some kind of hope.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The only time we knock at the top is early in the season before the cream rises to the top and we end up where we always are. Bubble team with little hope of improving. Drafting a guy like Lafrenière would go a long way to making us relevant again and give the fans some kind of hope.

We were 6th in the NHL before both Drouin and Byron went down with long term injuries. Then Armia, then Gallagher. It's been a slippery slope downhill. I still think we are a middle 10 team that can knock on both the top 10 door or the bottom 10. Last year we were 14th in the standings and we knocked on the top 10 door parts of that season too. Basically we couldn't beat the Canes or Blue Jackets down the stretch.

We have flaws yes. No need to exaggerate them. 10 one goal losses and many stupid goals in our net like that one Petry did to us last night. It's been annoying to see those go in time and time again but then again, we are pinned in our own end a lot so it's bound to happen I guess. Our team D is brutal and it has more to do with the forwards vs the D IMO. The centers and our lack of physical strength along the walls are an issue still. Nice to see Danault grow in his prime years and Thomson is decent at 4C but the middle 2C's are too young. Add soft and undersized wingers and it is what it is.

Things can change... Take out Cousins, Weal, Byron, and even Tatar, mix in some more Poehling and Armia types, while our centers like Suzuki and KK take steps forward in maturity and physical strength, and I think the results are different. We have to sustain more pressure down low on the offensive end. More mature centers and more physical players that can skate can help that

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad