Value of: Wheeler to NYI

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
As I stated were not rebuilding so any offer would have to blow Chevy away....that offer doesn't blow Chevy away at this point in our evolution

Fill us in, what is the jets evolution? I see a below average to at best, an average team with a sieve in net and some middling players, led by wheeler, who is still not a star on his own.

Barzal Nelson and a first isn't good enough? Well neither are the jets, just about ever, in a western conference where a player like wheeler is on some western powerhouses second lines.

I'd rather keep Barzal anyways, thanks

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
dont think isles have the necessary pieces unless leddy is involved. Not gonna happen

And jets dont need D

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Fill us in, what is the jets evolution? I see a below average to at best, an average team with a sieve in net and some middling players, led by wheeler, who is still not a star on his own.

Barzal Nelson and a first isn't good enough? Well neither are the jets, just about ever, in a western conference where a player like wheeler is on some western powerhouses second lines.

????

The Jets have a better future starting next season than most teams in the NHL, including the Islanders.

Hellebuyck is one of the best young goalies in the league.

Little, Scheifele, Ehlers, Byfuglien and Trouba behind Wheeler are definitely not middling players.

The Islanders on the other hand don't have anything too impressive (or better than what WPG has at least) beyond Tavares..

And I can't imagine Islander fans being too happy with a similar offer for Tavares. So why should the Jets for Wheeler?

Last edited:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

icon_smile.gif

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
????

The Jets have a better future starting next season than most teams in the NHL, including the Islanders.

Hellebuyck is one of the best young goalies in the league.

Little, Scheifele, Ehlers, Byfuglien and Trouba behind Wheeler are definitely not middling players.

The Islanders on the other hand don't have anything too impressive (or better than what WPG has at least) beyond Tavares..

And I can't imagine Islander fans being too happy with a similar offer for Tavares. So why should the Jets for Wheeler?

You got it.

Don't worry about him, he just posted a emotional response to me rejecting a bad offer from his team. Everyone (including him) know that the Jets have a very bright future in the very near future. Reported by many hockey media/experts Jets have the best or top 3 prospect pool in the entire NHL. Wheeler is easy top 5 RW in the entire NHL, signed for years to a great contract, heart soul guy, good chance our future captain. Great time to be a Jets fan, very exciting. :yo:

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
For Wheeler he would be. Considering that I mostly see LHD being the Jets biggest need on these boards.

Leddy is more important to the Islanders than Wheeler would be if he were on the Islanders. We lose Leddy and our defense goes from one of the best to below average.

But in a hockey value trade, yes a Leddy-Wheeler trade is extremely fair value.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Strome Leddy Barzal Beauvillier and a 1st

Lol this is worse than the OP. Wheeler is 29 and is a very nice forward, but not worth 5 first round picks, the oldest being Leddy who just turned 25 and the 4 others 22 or younger. I'd love wheeler, but I would vomit at that deal for a guy who had one season that was close to ppg, and it was last year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm sure I'll be way off, but here's a go:

Wheeler + Enstrom for Strome + de Haan + Barzal

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Leddy and good but not elite prospect (aka not Barzal) is a good basis for a deal. Could see Winnipeg exploring it if the young wingers start cementing themselves early. Laine, Ehlers and Connor is a lot of high end wing talent, and they are lacking in LHD. Plus Leddy fits with there timeline a bit better.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
You'd really have to blow their socks off to get anyone to even consider trading Wheeler. He's about as untouchable as you can get on the Jets.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Don't see why the Jets would trade Wheeler? It makes no sense. He's probably their next captain.

That being said, when did Wheeler become OVI or Benn? Some of these asking prices are ridiculous

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't see why the Jets would trade Wheeler? It makes no sense. He's probably their next captain.

That being said, when did Wheeler become OVI or Benn? Some of these asking prices are ridiculous

Then take a hint and quit asking...seems pretty self explanatory based on the responses, no?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Wheeler isn't moving. The offers here are somewhat decent though (the ones which are made around Leddy).

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
The Jets have lots of fine young players but you still need a few vets when you go to war in the playoffs.

The Jets won't even trade him before his contract expires at the end of the 2019 season.Their young stars will be just hitting their stride and the team will need him to go deep into the playoffs.

wZpJKOO.jpg

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Strome Leddy Barzal Beauvillier and a 1st

Not enough going back from the Islanders. I think the Rangers could pull it off however. Nash, Stefan, and McDonagh + whenever the 1st year the Rangers have a 1st round pick. I mean the Rangers are about to "re tool" anyway.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
This will go well . The Jets fans say they wouldn't trade Wheeler for Hall

You must be psychic. I note that you were the one to bring this up, but...

I'm a Jets fan, and I officially state that I would not trade Wheeler for Hall.

Good guess!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad